This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Centos 7 support
Centos 7 support
I've started working on installers for centos 7...

It might require test.

All beta testers are welcome.

I will try to get a beta next week and then we might offer some radical changes with 5050 help.

If any one already worked on this would be nice to contact me here or IF you have idea's.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: namhoang
RE: Centos 7 support
My first focus will be on centos 7 raw install.... Then will check later the case when we update a server from centos 6.5 to centos 7 ( I have my self many servers in this case ).

Any volonteer for beta tests? I need to test on as many VPS as possible? And also get feedback.

Thanks to PM me so I will be back when it's ready for tests.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I currently can test on "Centos 6.4 minimal" 64 and 32 in VM, but Centos is now V7.0.xx, was 6.5 just before, and there are many variants.

It will take some time before i have a native 6.5 or 7.0.

Which versions are actually suitable, at least from most used hosting groups ?
Thanks given by:
kandrews might have an idea on that Wink
Thanks given by:
I personally would stick with CentOS 6.5 for now, it stable and will be receiving updates for long time yet.

On you CentOS 6.4 machines just run yum update until /etc/redhad-release says your on 6.5.
Thanks given by:
Ok, if I undertand well, it have no interest to maintain installer compatibility with version previous to 6.5 => installer have only to handle 6.5 (and if possible 7.0) versions.

Can I assume that "minimal" version is the more commun present in at hosters ?

So I will get a snapshot of 6.4 VMs (in case of), upgrade both (32b and 64b) to 6.5, and try to download the last 7.0, so I will be ready for tests !
Thanks given by:
minimal is the one used usually for hosting... Stripped down with minimum ram use/services installed.

6.5 would be fine as 6.2 and all 6.xx update without issues to 6.5.

@Kevin... 6.5 will receive updates but PHP is 5.3 and look it's not going to be updated. That's an issue it's a dead branch now like php 5.2 / 4.x. No more security patches.

As we are in hosting a lot of apps moved already off 5.3. Same over MySQL bundled.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=185

Me.B
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
Minimal is actually a basic OS install, no web stuff and none of the other crap. Most VPS providers do not use a minimal version. Few have made a minimal available like DigitalOcean, ZVPS (Who actually installs with the panel included), etc. whose users use it for hosting.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Nigel will check for sure...

I will try to align the installer with 5050's as the target will be later to merge ubuntu/centos installers...
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ubuntu 12.04 end of support Me.B 2 7 ,469 04-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Last Post: Me.B
How can i install Sentora on my Centos 6 64b vps ? Adam 1 6 ,562 01-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Last Post: worksmarter
SSL support in sentora Me.B 9 25 ,916 09-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Nigel