This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Centos 7 support
RE: Centos 7 support
Hi, I just reinstalled today and ran into a problem, somehow during the install, it changes my resolv.conf file and I get all kind of errors because the nameservers are not in it anymore.
Thanks given by:
(11-14-2014, 08:54 AM)R0Bzombie Wrote: Hi, I just reinstalled today and ran into a problem, somehow during the install, it changes my resolv.conf file and I get all kind of errors because the nameservers are not in it anymore.

installer don't modify resolv.conf. Would you provide more information over the server you use? Config? OS? VPS? Already installed software?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(11-14-2014, 08:54 AM)R0Bzombie Wrote: Hi, I just reinstalled today and ran into a problem, somehow during the install, it changes my resolv.conf file and I get all kind of errors because the nameservers are not in it anymore.

Hi,

The Sentora installer is not intended to change anything in resov.conf and it does not touch it directly.
Are you sure the change is really done by it ?

To try to understand, can you give here
- the os used
- the installer versions.
- the resolv.conf content before running installer,
- the resolv.conf content after the run of the installer ?

Thank you.
Thanks given by:
OS is Centos7 64bits
Installer is the default one at http://sentora.org/install-beta
Resolv.conf before is:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4

I already reimage the VPS so I don't know the resolv.conf after but there was no 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

I'll try to recreate it over the weekend and post the results.

I ran the installer once and got the errors so I checked the resolv.conf to see that the nameservers were not there so I reimaged and reintalled and making sure the nameservers where there, I even did a yum update and updated everything then ran the installer and the nameservers disappeared
Thanks given by:
You'll find in this zip 2 screenshots of my resolv before and after install and the install log file
I removed my domain and IP informations

http://www.filedropper.com/sentoraerror
Thanks given by:
Just to let you know, I disabled the network manager in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and it worked.
Thanks given by:
(11-25-2014, 12:15 AM)R0Bzombie Wrote: Just to let you know, I disabled the network manager in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and it worked.

I don't see this as a good solution....
How to ask

Thanks given by:
This should solve it

https://github.com/MBlagui/sentora-insta...install.sh

Install worked and avoid resolver config messed up during install as I locked it. No services disabled only file write protected until install finish then switched back.

Install ok didn't notice any error & test domain created.

Works we should set RC2 tomorrow.
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ubuntu 12.04 end of support Me.B 2 7 ,561 04-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Last Post: Me.B
How can i install Sentora on my Centos 6 64b vps ? Adam 1 6 ,652 01-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Last Post: worksmarter
SSL support in sentora Me.B 9 26 ,209 09-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Nigel