This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Centos 7 support
RE: Centos 7 support
If you install phpw55 the setup is unsecure, unless you patch again suhosin.

I don't get it. If users want badly php instead of messing up their repos that way why you don't compile php manually and do the setup. It will cleaner and offer less conflicts!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2014, 07:55 PM)bbspike Wrote: Just tested the installerscript on my Centos 7 home server and installed fine!
Zpanel is working. After that i install phpw55 and updated the phpmyadmin. Everything is working fine so far.

- Please can you type in ssh console php -v and post here the result (to confirm that suhosin is still ok). It should like to:

Code:
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.4 (cli) (built: Sep  4 2014 06:56:34)

Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.5.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies
    with Suhosin v0.9.37-dev, Copyright (c) 2007-2014, by SektionEins GmbH

- If possible, you are also welcome to check emails sending/receiving (and if no mail are waiting in queue or if logs contains errors) and report anything suspect here.

- Do you use your domain DNS manager of did you setup your server to manage domains DNS ?
In second case I'm interested to have returns of checks because it was a source of a lot of problems in previous versions and we are trying to catch all that may be wrong.

Whatever, thank you for your help!
Thanks given by:
(10-13-2014, 08:54 PM)5050 Wrote: - Please can you type in ssh console php -v and post here the result (to confirm that suhosin is still ok). It should like to:

Code:
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.4 (cli) (built: Sep  4 2014 06:56:34)

with Zend OPcache v7.0.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2014, by Zend Technologies

- If possible, you are also welcome to check emails sending/receiving (and if no mail are waiting in queue or if logs contains errors) and report anything suspect here.

- Do you use your domain DNS manager of did you setup your server to manage domains DNS ?
In second case I'm interested to have returns of checks because it was a source of a lot of problems in previous versions and we are trying to catch all that may be wrong.

Whatever, thank you for your help!

Here my output of php -v

Code:
[root@localhost /]# php -v
PHP 5.5.17 (cli) (built: Oct  2 2014 14:15:24)
[root@localhost /]#

I use the DNS manager of my domain.
Forgot to mention that i had to re patch Suhosin after installing phpw55.
***Update***

ZGodX and sentastico running fine on 1.0.0.0 Centos7
***update***
Running now on PHP-FPM trough mod_proxy_fcgi. Sentora panel was not working at first. After stopping the Apache version get method in the files:
/etc/zpanel/panel/dryden/ui/tpl/apacheversion.class.php
/etc/zpanel/panel/dryden/sys/versions.class.php

it works fine!
[Image: logo2.png]

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by:
using php-FPM is unsecure same as using CGI. Sentora is still not good to be used that way.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(10-14-2014, 08:16 PM)Me.B Wrote: using php-FPM is unsecure same as using CGI. Sentora is still not good to be used that way.

M B

Why? Suhosin is active.

Don't get ,me wrong but this is the second time you yell about unsecure and its not very contributing.....
So please if you be so kind, share with us the hows an why's so maybe we can find solutions and make it all better and secure.
That's where this forum is for right?

My being on this forum is all personal and all is done here by me has nothing to with the company Web Improved I work for Smile
Thanks given by: Nigel
Check your install if you are jailed. suhosin active doesn't mean all parameters are applied here as those in .conf file will not reach the php-fpm... Also php-fpm won't reload if you add a domain >> cron reload only apache.

So? Seem I'm flagged as paranoid here...

This setup is beyond standard install and will not discuss it further you are on your own.

I'm happy to help but I expect if you dig this way to be experienced with suhosin and cgi security/sentora panel. Also you are not make huge performance benefit here.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by: bbspike
(10-14-2014, 11:40 PM)Me.B Wrote: Check your install if you are jailed. suhosin active doesn't mean all parameters are applied here as those in .conf file will not reach the php-fpm... Also php-fpm won't reload if you add a domain >> cron reload only apache.

So? Seem I'm flagged as paranoid here...

This setup is beyond standard install and will not discuss it further you are on your own.

I'm happy to help but I expect if you dig this way to be experienced with suhosin and cgi security/sentora panel. Also you are not make huge performance benefit here.

M B

Thanks for the reply. I'm not flagging you as paranoid, just like to hear some facts in sted of hear say's. Smile

php-fpm is proxyd from apache trough mod_proxy_fcgi and all paramaters will reach it. php-fpm doenst need reload when adding domains to sentora vhosts file.

I understand its beyond standard install and was not looking for support for this, i just wanted to help testing the install script on Centos 7. My production servers dont run this setup, they run centos 6.5 with zpanel. But i must confess that these server also work with php-fpm. Maybe its personal but i and my customers are experience some worthy performance with the php-fpm setup.

Bottomline is that the installscript worked fine out of the box for me on centos 7. Although i still think its better/nessecary for Sentora to start use php 5.5.x, thats why in installed php55w. I also dont get why Sentora is using a older version of phpmyadmin? I updated phpmyadmin and still works fine with MariaDB Sentora used here.

I will end saying that i realy like and appreciate all the work thats bin done with zpanel and now Sentora these day's! Tryed many controlpanels but like this one the best! (altough i really like Vesta CP standard setup with NGIX for static and Apache, this would be very nice for Sentora and will make a great leap for the future if doing so)

Thanks given by: iTpain
I still don't see why we would use php55w ? What's the benefit?

Most applications work fine with 5.4 and ( did so with 5.3). Php 5.4 is supported by centos patches.
Once you use external repo to add php55w you will end up later managing conflicts, example in case later you might want to move to centos 7.5.

If I had so urgent need for 5.5 I will go into manual mode, compile it and store it aside the default OS RPM and bam activate it as I needed. That way I won't break packages updates ( And I could different php versions).

Nginx proxying to apache is totally insane for me. Either you choose nginx or apache, that's how it should be. I could understand we use nginx as reverse proxy but not on the same machine! Also if we run 100% nginx, we will have issues with again suhosin and you will loose some features users want badly like URL rewriting. I saw those stunts to have both of the 2 worlds by setting up nginx in front of apache and that's a no go for me.. It will require more ressources on VPS's.

This is my view not the whole team view.

Yes you can update phpmyadmin, we are thinking about building another way of integrating phpmyadmin/updating it.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
After finish the install and reboot the apache wont start I think centos and ubuntu 14 sould be the main focus as all eyes are on them as for the php 5.3 is clear that this is outdated al most all my applications require php 5.4 or 5.5 till a final releas for centos 7 or ubuntu 14 or debian 7 are released i'm forced to use other pane l Sad although i used zPanel for over 1,5 years
Thanks given by:
Would explain a bit more?

Url of the installer used? Last test showed install ok. centos 6/7. We are only having issue with DNS.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Ubuntu 12.04 end of support Me.B 2 7 ,558 04-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Last Post: Me.B
How can i install Sentora on my Centos 6 64b vps ? Adam 1 6 ,651 01-21-2017, 09:40 AM
Last Post: worksmarter
SSL support in sentora Me.B 9 26 ,188 09-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Nigel