This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

php 7 compatibility for sentora
RE: php 7 compatibility for sentora
Has support for Sentora and PHP 7 now been added? Is there a forum post explaining how to go about upgrading PHP to version 7 with existing Sentora installed server?

I'm interested to know how difficult this is to do. It seems Joomla version 4 will have a requirement for php 7. Just doing a bit of planning now. thanks!
Thanks given by:
Until Suhosin is available for php 7, we must say no as per this announcement: http://forums.sentora.org/announcements.php?aid=1

We have been waiting patiently for them to complete it or at least get a stable beta version released,
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2017, 06:37 AM)TGates Wrote: Until Suhosin is available for php 7, we must say no as per this announcement: http://forums.sentora.org/announcements.php?aid=1

We have been waiting patiently for them to complete it or at least get a stable beta version released,

Thanks for the quick response and link to the other forum post. For some reason I did not come across it in my search. I will track that to stay up to date on developments. thanks again!
Thanks given by:
It's really a bummer. I have been keeping my eye on their GitHub for any updates.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(09-29-2017, 02:34 AM)TGates Wrote: It's really a bummer. I have been keeping my eye on their GitHub for any updates.

bummer indeed, as I assume the lack of support may send people looking for other web hosting management system if they need that php 7 support. Well, I hope they get onto that soon. As for me, I guess I will just forget about upgrading to Joomla for a while, as I definitely don't want to go about researching a new platform and making any move. Really like Sentora and I feel it's one of the best platforms out there...at least for my use case.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2016, 05:16 AM)ccr1969 Wrote: phpsysinfo won't work so needed updating to  phpSysInfo - 3.2.4
this works with later version also still haven't got Suhosin compiled
But can still use openbase to lock users
most modules are working
I will keep updating on progress
also webftp not working other than that most modules working

I have found the issue, at least with my install as to why the web ftp account module didn't seem to add any users. Not sure if that's what you were talking about with "webftp not working" but for my situation, I found the issue and I've made a PR that would be pretty easy to apply to your server if you find that you're not able to create ftp users anymore.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,879 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,098 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,487 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel