This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SMTP server is not asking for Authentication
SMTP server is not asking for Authentication
Hi All

I have been trying to fix the SMTP issue for almost a day now just can't figure out what is wrong in my configuration.
I have checked the option in Sentora Config to use SMTP instead of PHP Mail. Webmail works fine I have also installed after logic which successfully sends email using SMTP but Outlook and thunder bird can't connect to the SMTP server. This worked earlier when i was using ZpanelCP. PFB Screen the config I'm using.

[Image: Capture.png]

[Image: smtp.png]

[Image: Capture.png]
Thanks given by:
RE: Cant get SMTP to work correctly from Desktop clients
Hi,

Try to get this working : http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1398
Thanks given by: maniteja
RE: Cant get SMTP to work correctly from Desktop clients
Hi Ilia
Thank You for the post but turns out to be an issue with my ISP blocking port 25 the issue is now solved but I have a different issue now. The SMTP server isn't asking for authentication even when the Use Auth option is set to True.
Thanks given by:
RE: SMTP server is not asking for Authentication
I Found my answer for the issue here http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=785
But is there a way we can restrict RELAY permissions??
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
External mail client cannot connect to server iraqiboy90 2 6 ,236 02-28-2021, 11:34 AM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
can not send email - SMTP error on roundcube wolvepy 9 29 ,230 01-03-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Telepuzik
SMTP error after mariaDB upgrade mohamedh 4 11 ,310 02-08-2019, 01:07 AM
Last Post: mohamedh