This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

sentora ready for production?
RE: sentora ready for production?
Play nice guys! Don't want to have to put you in the corner Tongue
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 11:36 AM)MarkDark Wrote: apinto very good answer!   Exclamation Wink

Thank you Mark.
But in defense of DrFeelgood, he did apologized and on his threads he is indeed respectful.
Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 07:36 AM)DrFeelgood Wrote: I really want to assist you in programming<snip>......

You know that Sentora is on github and you can help whenever and wherever and however you like? Smile

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
(10-07-2015, 07:36 AM)DrFeelgood Wrote: DrFeelgood
(10-05-2015, 06:19 AM)apinto Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 02:25 AM)DrFeelgood Wrote: Similar problem here, but I've never used zPanel before. I have to do many things by hand, e. g. the installer doesn't install Postfix on Debian or the one and another senseless error (e. g. I can't create subdomains or mailboxes because I would allegedly use a wrong format or something). There are not many bugs but they occure on essential places (at least on my system). The support is very - please don't take it personally - rare.

Actually, FREE support on Sentora Forums is very good, shall you need premium support it gets even better and faster.
That aside, most of the issues with support are regarding bad questions; Good questions are usually answered fast and with quality.

Regarding being production ready, short answer is YES.

Well, I don't think that I asked such a "bad question". If there are things not clear you should communicate a bit more and don't think that there is an idiot behind the nickname who is too stupid for receiving help after the first discrepancy (I have 9 years of experience in linux system administration & programming, an university degree and excellent references). Meanwhile it works (more or less), but I had to make a lot of changes in the installer script. Regarding the errors I noticed in the source code you can't say that it's ready for production. I had to make many changes to make it work.

Further you have to understand that I won't pay money for premium support if nobody cares about even the first question I have. Also I won't pay anything for a script which isn't working on my system, of course. I think that is just comprehensible. You also don't want to pay for a car insurance for a car which isn't working, do you? I'm really disappointed. I really want to pay. I really want to assist you in programming which that project really needs if I look over your source code and all the gaps in it, but it seems like you aren't interested. Very sad. You have no idea what you let slip. But well, like you already said - some people you can not help.

Sorry, but I had big problems to leave that statement uncommented.

(10-05-2015, 06:19 AM)apinto Wrote: Sentora is one of the best out there to manage your server.
At least a solution with very very much potential.

Greetings
DrFeelgood
What changes you made to fix the installer?

What issues you faced? errors ? with full details if you can.

We are willing and happy to help if you provide more informations and that might help fixing bug that we missed!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,992 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,158 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,570 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel