This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Your Domain name is not valid
Your Domain name is not valid
Dear community,

----Short introduction----
A few weeks ago I set up a new environment with Ubuntu 14.04 and Sentora installed on 2 servers.
On one of the servers Sentora works very excellent, but this is just an environment made for testing new services. Because Sentora makes an excellent impression and also because of the very nice structure which makes it easy to expand I decided to replace my self-programmed interface which made a good job for many years and want to contribute my programming experience to the Sentora project instead.

Well, 2 days ago I wanted to setup Sentora on the first operational environment. I was gladly surprised about the new possibility to set it up on Debian which was a lucky coincidence that it was released approximately 1 week before I made the decision to use Sentora for my uses, because I prefer this distribution by far. Everything was great, till my current problem appeared.

----The main problem----

So, I began to set up Sentora using Debian for which I had to change a few things in the installer script (I will add details later). Everything worked very well but then I tried to setup the first subdomain (I tried different options like "test", "kpfdwqfe" and so on) which always  leads to following error:

Quote:"Your Domain name is not valid. Please enter a valid Domain Name: i.e. 'domain.com'"

[Image: hqnp8pve.png]

Same thing with mailboxes where I get the following error:

Quote:The selected domain was not valid.

I thought that it would be a bug which comes out of the usage of the new and more or less new unstable Sentora Debian support. To clear up guesswork I reinstalled the interface using Ubuntu 14.04 this time. I get the same error.

Do you have any suggestions what could lead to that problem?
Thanks given by:
RE: Your Domain name is not valid
Welcome to Sentora Forums Smile

Regardign your question DrFeelgood, have you added tobias.com as a Domain for that account?
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Hello apinto,

thank you. I just want to avoid making my address public.

There are no special characters in the name, no point, no special letters or something. It's like tobias.com just a bit longer. I already tried other domains with the same result. Does Sentora check any settings regarding the domain before it's possible to create subdomains and mailboxes?

Here is a screenshot of my domain page - both have "live"-status
[Image: axkkponr.png]

Edit: Oh I'm sorry, I noticed that I might misunderstood your question. I have added the selected domain to the specific account, if you meant that, yes.
Thanks given by:
Any ideas? My second server expires in 2 days. I'm a bit under time pressure. I have to transfer the data today at the latest. Otherwise I'm forced to use my old interface. That's would be really unfortunate. I would be deeply grateful for any help. I would definitely return the favour.

I use version 1.0.3

Erm, I noticed that sentora uses the following directory:
/etc/zpanel/sentora-core-1.0.1/
is that correct for version 1.0.3 or am I using an old version? I reinstalled it today. The installer file is new downloaded.

Edit:
I commented out the name validation check in the subdomain module to make it work, but that's just a temporary solution. Well, I wonder why that problem occures on my system only, because it seems for me like a bug in the source code, eventually in the template or something.

Edit 2:
After adding a new subdomain I noticed that the address leads to a wrong target. It seems like there is an error with the removal of the specific entries from the database (table x_vhosts). There were many redundant entries in it. After I removed the redundant ones it the redirection worked like it should again. I can't imagine that are errors which occures only on my system.
Thanks given by:
I just noticed you are using Debian 8.
Not officially supported, I'm not sure if that is the issue here.
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
The problem was that I used the installer file which was made for debian (provided here) which installed an old version of Sentora which contains a few unpleasant bugs. I used the same installer for my Ubuntu installation and that's why I had the same error on both distributions. Using the current version of Sentora solved that problem.

Thank you.

Best regards
DrFeelgood
Thanks given by: apinto
(10-07-2015, 08:55 PM)DrFeelgood Wrote: The problem was that I used the installer file which was made for debian (provided here) which installed an old version of Sentora which contains a few unpleasant bugs. I used the same installer for my Ubuntu installation and that's why I had the same error on both distributions. Using the current version of Sentora solved that problem.

Thank you.

Best regards
DrFeelgood

Thank you for explaining the problem and the solution!
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
If you receive an error message like "The selected domain was not valid"
Edit the /etc/sentora/panel/modules/mailboxes/code/controller.ext.php file and change:

if(!self::IsValidDomain($domain))
to
if(self::IsValidDomain($domain))
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,024 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,294 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,052 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather