This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cant set rDNS
Cant set rDNS
well, lets explain as short as I can:

I have problems with mail, cant get IN big-ones mailboxes (such as hotmail, etc). So after a lot of reading, I discovered that my BIG problem is rDNS (Reverse DNS).

In my dedicated hosting (OVH), can set a rDNS for my dedicated IP. In this case is "hosting.serverdomain.com".

Ok, in my MX records of other domain in that server, is set "mail.thedomain.com".

Al works great, except that rDNS is not "good", in dnsinspect.com, I get this error:

WARNING: Found mail servers with inconsistent reverse DNS entries. You should fix them if you are using those servers to send email.

Server:mail.theotherdomain.com.
IP: Myip
PTR (Reverse): hosting.serverdomain.com

Code:
All mail servers should have a reverse DNS (PTR) entry for each IP address (RFC 1912). Missing reverse DNS entries will make many mail servers to reject your e-mails or mark them as SPAM.

All IP's reverse DNS entries should resolve back to IP address (IP → PTR → IP). Many mail servers are configured to reject e-mails from IPs with inconsistent reverse DNS configuration.

So, I can get the reverse changed, but, I have several domains in this server, and I cannot choose just one...

Any clue?
Thanks given by: