This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Simple Machine Forum - Blank Screen on Load / Switching Pages
RE: Simple Machine Forum - Blank Screen on Load / Switching Pages
Confused
The packages Sentora uses are provided directly by the OS creators and are their latest stable releases. If Ubuntu 14.04 ships with php 5.5, then that is what is installed, if CentOS 7's repository contains php 5.6, that is what gets installed. The versions are supplied directly by the selected OS's STABLE repositories. We only support default installs of Sentora and the packages. If you wish to be bleeding edge and want custom packages installed, that is up to you but beyond our support scope.

Sorry this may be an inconvenience to you, but we do the best we can with the resources we have.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Sorry I'm not a linux programmer. Please provide a .htaccess file for me to use to accomplish what you are asking for.
Thanks given by:
Thats not a problem, i would suggest spending some time learning about htaccess and virtual host settings if you run many websites.

The htaccess and virtual host settings needed are:
Code:
php_flag log_errors on
php_flag display_errors on
php_value error_reporting 32767

Errors should then start being logged into the domain error log (/var/sentora/logs/domains/)

Oh a note on the error_reporting value, this can differ between php versions, to find the value you need, run:
Code:
php -r "echo E_ALL;" 

Which should give 32767
Thanks given by: TGates , ThyRaven
thank you for that code. I created the .htaccess and reloaded the page a couple times on a different PC using IE. I went into the -error.log file in the location you told me and found:

[Tue Sep 22 00:29:33 2015] [error] [client 62.210.107.201] File does not exist: /var/sentora/hostdata/brt/public_html/de-14_bigracktech_com/robots.txt
[Tue Sep 22 00:29:33 2015] [error] [client 62.210.107.201] File does not exist: /var/sentora/hostdata/brt/public_html/de-14_bigracktech_com/_errorpages
[Tue Sep 22 01:08:09 2015] [error] [client 198.27.82.146] File does not exist: /var/sentora/hostdata/brt/public_html/de-14_bigracktech_com/robots.txt
[Tue Sep 22 01:08:09 2015] [error] [client 198.27.82.146] File does not exist: /var/sentora/hostdata/brt/public_html/de-14_bigracktech_com/_errorpages

any ideas?
Thanks given by:
Did you try adding a blank robots.txt in that folder?
Also, it appears the default _errorpages folder was not created. Either copy that folder over from another domain or use my Error Page Editor module and restore the defaults for that domain.
Error Page module: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...14#pid3414

Thanks given by:
(09-23-2015, 02:02 AM)TGates Wrote: Confused
The packages Sentora uses are provided directly by the OS creators and are their latest stable releases. If Ubuntu 14.04 ships with php 5.5, then that is what is installed, if CentOS 7's repository contains php 5.6, that is what gets installed. The versions are supplied directly by the selected OS's STABLE repositories. We only support default installs of Sentora and the packages. If you wish to be bleeding edge and want custom packages installed, that is up to you but beyond our support scope.

Sorry this may be an inconvenience to you, but we do the best we can with the resources we have.

So I'd need to update my server OS to CentOS 7.x to get the newer PHP version or install in myself? If that's the case then I should probably move away from Sentora to a different control panel that updates all the packages for the control panel not the OS.
Thanks given by:
Yes the robots.txt file and the _errorpages folder are both there and I just refreshed them with no change.

http://de-14.bigracktech.com is the site. See if it is happening to you. Sometimes it'll load but if you refresh a couple times it goes to a white page. Some people get a white page right away and a couple refreshes fixes it. No new errors being reported to the -error.log file either.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm... interesting as it does the same for me. Is that the only site it happens with? Do you have any other sites? Do those work normally?

Thanks given by:
All my other sites are Wordpress and they all load file. This is Simple Machine Forums and I cant for the life of me figure out why it is doing this. Haven't found much support on the issue with the new version but there was a hole lot of issues with it back on SMF version 1.2 so technically this is a 11 year old issue.
Thanks given by:
Maybe try unloading APC just in case that's causing issues... Try keeping an eye on free -m -s 1 or top while refreshing to make sure its not running out of memory...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Parking pages not displaying correctly woose 4 5 ,209 10-18-2021, 11:14 AM
Last Post: TGates
The website don't load naire 1 4 ,581 10-15-2019, 11:48 PM
Last Post: jamesmango
to clone 'sentora' installation to another machine gabriel15959 4 7 ,844 06-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Me.B