This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

A few questions
A few questions
Hello ZPanel users,

I got a few question, so i can make a choice to use and support the projects.

1. Why do you guys remove the ZPanelCP.com website and create a new project anonymous?
2. There is no support for ZPanelCP anymore and it will be over to Sentora?
3. Is there a migration script for the copy of ZPanel, named Sentora? (layout and more will change?)
4. What happens and why do you guys create Sentora?
Thanks given by:
RE: A few questions
Hi TumTum,

In response to your questions:-

1) We did not remove the website, we do not have direct access to the ZPanel servers, we have noticed for the last couple of months we have had no contact with the new owner of the ZPanel project so we decided to safeguard the future of the project by forking the software and starting a new site of which we have control of and don't rely on the new owner. - The server must be down due to a server issue of which the new owner needs to resolve!

2) We are not sure why the ZPanel server is down, we do however intend on supporting current ZPanel users yes!

3) At the moment we aim to make Sentora 100% compatible, we will provide migration scripts when we release the first version but to be honest there will be little change at the moment, mainly just security patching, name changes and optimisations!

4) I've decided to create 'Sentora' as we've had little contact from the new owner of ZPanel and to ensure that the project lives on, I decided to fork it (the GPLv3 license enables you to do this) and with the help of the rest of my previous team we'll now continue to develop it as open-source software of which the ZPanel project can then merge back into their code release if they wish but Sentora is the project 'fork' that I am now working on due to lack of contact and direction from the new owners

I hope these answers make sense and are helpful Smile

Cheers,
Bobby
Follow me on Twitter or find out more about me  at bobbyallen.me
Thanks given by: Cantalupo
Ok, clear! Thanks Bobby.

(nice design Wink)
Thanks given by:
No problem, you're welcome TumTum Smile
Follow me on Twitter or find out more about me  at bobbyallen.me
Thanks given by:
Hi Bobby,

To be clear, Sentora has nothing whatsoever to do with Hostwinds acquisition of ZPanel(i.e. not the same project)?
What brought about the name Sentora?
I'm worried about the confusion of current and future users of the project as to what to use, ZPanel or Sentora going forward. Can you please clarify this?

Lastly, I take it this means all modules, themes and languages on the ZPanel forums has to be created on this forum again?

Thanks
Remi - Software Engineer,  Sentora Module Developer,  Owner, imerLabs

Please mark threads as SOLVED if your problem has been resolved.
Do not PM Staff Members for help unless asked to do so, this is so that others can benefit from your solution.
Do a SEARCH before asking in the forums, a solution may already exist.
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2014, 08:27 PM)modpluz Wrote: Hi Bobby,

To be clear, Sentora has nothing whatsoever to do with Hostwinds acquisition of ZPanel(i.e. not the same project)?
What brought about the name Sentora?
I'm worried about the confusion of current and future users of the project as to what to use, ZPanel or Sentora going forward. Can you please clarify this?

Lastly, I take it this means all modules, themes and languages on the ZPanel forums has to be created on this forum again?

Thanks
Sentora has everything to do with Hostwinds...We left them and started Sentora. Since they own the name now, we had to create a new one.
Unless Hostwinds puts together development and support teams, ZPanel will become a dead project. We are hoping to gain all those members back as we transition them to Sentora.
Yes, most modules need to be brought over, but we are leaving that up to their creators (same with themes). On that note, we are also building an entirely new Addons Store where modules and themes can be hosted instead of in the forums which will also accommodate paid-for items Big Grin (Personal repositories are planned to be phased out)
So, we have some big plans in store.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
heheh...I like the sound of these!
  • Personal repositories are planned to be phased out
  • Addons Store where modules and themes can be hosted instead of in the forums which will also accommodate paid-for items

I personally think self maintained repo are not always reliable Big Grin

Do not PM Staff Members for help unless asked to do so, this is so that others can benefit from your solution.
Thanks given by:
Exactly buddy Smile We tried it with the official repositories (which I spent a LOT of time on building), but just couldn't get them going as well as we hoped since people rather use their own repo Sad
I was keeping the code to myself for security and privacy reasons, but may now put it on GitHub since we don't need it any more (maybe somebody else can use it).

Also on a similar note, the plan is to link the forum accounts to the store (and anything else we devise) so you will not need to register more than 1 time Wink We will see how that turns out further down the road...
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Ah! One account for all sounds really good!

Btw, the team should inform us if and when an extra hand is needed Big Grin
Always happy to help.

Thanks given by:
(08-13-2014, 11:32 PM)TGates Wrote: On that note, we are also building an entirely new Addons Store where modules and themes can be hosted instead of in the forums which will also accommodate paid-for items Big Grin (Personal repositories are planned to be phased out)
Sounds great!
But i think the biggest flaw of the Official ZPanel Template Repository was easy updateable..
I update my themes from time to time and sometimes its just a small thing and not worth to update if it takes a lot of time.
Maybe liking the new store to github or something?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Questions regarding install and config procedures nathanstotts 0 3 ,784 08-21-2018, 11:44 PM
Last Post: nathanstotts