This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Is PHP-HHVM supported?
Is PHP-HHVM supported?
Greetings,
I've found no information regarding this.

Is PHP-HHVM supported on Sentora?
Even if not officially supported, are there any know issues to prevent us to install HHVM?

Thank you Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
RE: Is PHP-HHVM supported?
No I don't think so...

Tried to install it more than once and failed. Also don't think security model would work here.

Also you would face some extensions missing in HHVM...

If you want to JVM alike compiled languages speed you might check coldfusion and www.lucee.org ( open source coldfusion engine). CF is not getting the love it deserves and less hyped than those so called "modern" languages.

PHP alors had another engine running Querus on Java but I think it's buggy and didn't work well when I tested it.

http://quercus.caucho.com/quercus-3.1/doc/quercus.xtp

I even saw a .net php :

https://phalanger.codeplex.com/

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Is PHP-HHVM supported?
Thank you!

Being honest, I'm not a fan of PHP fragmentation (or any other project), I believe that PHP beign a open source project it should be contributed to and not forked, anyways this is just philosophy Smile

I wanted to know because a client requested if he could setup a WordPress dedicated hosting (HHVM is amazing for WordPress) using Sentora.

Lucee seems a really cool project that I'll probably look more deep when I have time.

.net php? o.O Shall I be amazed or scared? Big Grin
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by: