This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to setup ftp to access only certain folders?
RE: How to setup ftp to access only certain folders?
Hello,
I came across this thread because I was trying to achieve a similar thing.
I wanted to create an FTP user who only has access to a single directory within a domain webspace (eg /var/sentora/hostdata/[Sentora-login]/public_html/[domain_tld]/[myDir] )
Creating a new home directory using the UI does not create a folder in the webspace and it is named automatically which isn't what I wanted.
Instead I created an FTP account for the domain directory and then updated two fields in the Sentora Database:
DB "sentora_core", Table "x_ftpaccounts", Column "ft_directory_vc" (for the selected user)
and
DB "sentora_proftpd", Table "ftpuser", Column "homedir" (for the selected user)

Seems to be working so far
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to setup ftp to access only certain folders? - by FayeArmistead - 10-03-2017, 07:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to setup and connect via FTP? cagross 5 16 ,995 06-28-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: TGates
ROOT FTP ACCESS Ubuntu 14.03 Server OpenApp 3 15 ,205 06-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Last Post: Ludaking
how to access root ftp? wormsunited 16 49 ,368 04-01-2015, 03:05 AM
Last Post: wormsunited