This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora 2?
Sentora 2?
So just wanting to know what the go is with Sentora 2.0, here you guys mention about sentora 2.0 a bit but can't see a branch or anything for its dev.

I'd love to start putting some features in that I've built/building but they are big changes and would be more suited for larger milestone.

Got any info for me ?
Big Grin

Cheers guys.
Elijah
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora 2?
(07-17-2015, 04:08 PM)elijahbate Wrote: So just wanting to know what the go is with Sentora 2.0, here you guys mention about sentora 2.0 a bit but can't see a branch or anything for its dev.

I'd love to start putting some features in that I've built/building but they are big changes and would be more suited for larger milestone.

Got any info for me ?
Big Grin

Cheers guys.
Elijah

Quoted from our github:

ballen Wrote:Most of the code base that I laid for ZPanel/Sentora and especially the Dryden framework is pretty old now and quite frankly a load of shit for a "commercial" panel, I wrote most of this when I was very early in my career as a developed and to be honest was originally developed it with newbie developers in mind (so the code-base was not too complex to understand) the whole panel needs a rewrite from the ground up. really and then like you say, have a centralised mechanism for updating module data of which automatically validates and sanitises input etc.
I'm actually developing a control panel behind the scenes myself at the moment (in a private Git repo) at present with the hope to clear up these issues in Sentora once and for all, the new control panel is fully unit tested, makes heavy use of true OOP (interfaces, design patterns etc), modules have DB migrations, event handling and queues etc.
I'd dedicate more time to the current project myself but I understand that really we need to rewrite entirely to try and get "properly" sorted rather than just patching what, in all honesty is actually a pretty shitty framework in today's standard
I'm building the new panel with Lumem (http://lumen.laravel.com/) of which, for those who don't know is a light-weight framework from the same creator as Laravel.
....watch this space!
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Okay well in the mean time, I'll be developing my version 2.0 on the same core.

There will be alot of changes and rework of core. modules
I will accept feature requests from anyone and also if anyone would like to help out let me know or comment on an issue you'd like to work on.
Https://github.com/ebyte23/sentora-core

Thanks
Elijah
Thanks given by:
ballen Wrote:Most of the code base that I laid for ZPanel/Sentora and especially the Dryden framework is pretty old now and quite frankly a load of shit for a "commercial" panel, I wrote most of this when I was very early in my career as a developed and to be honest was originally developed it with newbie developers in mind (so the code-base was not too complex to understand) the whole panel needs a rewrite from the ground up. really and then like you say, have a centralised mechanism for updating module data of which automatically validates and sanitises input etc.
I'm actually developing a control panel behind the scenes myself at the moment (in a private Git repo) at present with the hope to clear up these issues in Sentora once and for all, the new control panel is fully unit tested, makes heavy use of true OOP (interfaces, design patterns etc), modules have DB migrations, event handling and queues etc.
I'd dedicate more time to the current project myself but I understand that really we need to rewrite entirely to try and get "properly" sorted rather than just patching what, in all honesty is actually a pretty shitty framework in today's standard
I'm building the new panel with Lumem (http://lumen.laravel.com/) of which, for those who don't know is a light-weight framework from the same creator as Laravel.
....watch this space!

is this still the case didint  Ballen quit the project ... or is he still working on sentora V2 and if not who is working on it ?
Thanks given by:
(08-27-2015, 03:00 PM)elftidus Wrote:
....watch this space!

is this still the case didint  Ballen quit the project ... or is he still working on sentora V2 and if not who is working on it ?
I would like to hear the answer....
15 years old - HTML - CSS - PHP - Java - Android - jQuery - Javascript
Thanks given by:
The current team remain focused on sentora 1.x. We plan to add more features. I don't care for the numbers. Main focus would be to keep compatibility with current branch.

Ballen may be still working on 2.0 but I don't have any clue here.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(09-08-2015, 09:36 PM)Me.B Wrote: The current team remain focused on sentora 1.x. We plan to add more features. I don't care for the numbers. Main focus would be to keep compatibility with current branch.

Ballen may be still working on 2.0 but I don't have any clue here.

M B

Might it be a good idea to rewrite the Sentora core instead of focussing on new features? In my opinion a team of developers should be focussing on the main core instead of features first...

Quality instead of quantity....
15 years old - HTML - CSS - PHP - Java - Android - jQuery - Javascript
Thanks given by:
not about quantity, its about compatibility.
also, the core has quality, it's not perfect, but its good.

One thing at the time Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Will this be fixed on sentora 2?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2xzlqp
Thanks given by:
Have you not read any of the replies?? Stop reposting the same link over and over! This issue is solved in the current release...as everybody else has mentioned... unless Ahsan has tested it with the CURRENT release and would like to give us an update..??
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update redirect to Sentora login to an error page if a sub domain does not exist TGates 0 1 ,254 01-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Need Sentora HELP ? Alemiz 4 11 ,327 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: republicus
Sentora Feedback and Ideas Xversion 10 28 ,735 10-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: TGates