This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

create new client account with ssh (command line) access
create new client account with ssh (command line) access
I'm new to sentora control panel but I fully understood its functionality. My query is when I create a new client from Home>Reseller>Manage Clients option. It is creating new client successfully. Whereas it should also create and show steps to access new created client from ssh command line.

Does anyone know how can I give shell access to new created client ?

Your details response will help me.

Admin/Developers I am waiting for your answers.

Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: create new client account with ssh (command line) access
You should never give anybody ssh access to your server. Sentora uses virtual users, it does not create actual users on the server. If they need to access their account, they can make an FTP account.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: akram93
A bit off topic TGates, but is there any chance that in a future version Sentora uses actual user accounts so we can give SSH access in a safe way? Smile
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
1. When you create a user, you are not really create a user in the system. It's a virtual setup that will rely on apache own user and proftpd for HTTP/FTP access. So there is no way you can allow SSH use.

2. [apinto] as I explained above, you can't do that. BUT once we move to suEXEC we will need to create a user for each account. I don't think we will push SSH support there, but you can then enable it on user at your own risk. I a user require SSH better using VPS based on openVZ or vmware/xen due to how taught it can be to lock down user as it should be. Check most cpanel hosting company don't allow SSH.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: akram93
i have an idea , make a user with basic access for ssh , then use sftp chroot for users to force them on they home directory for ssh , and use that basic access user for all clients ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,535 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel
SSH Access rsthomas 2 4 ,990 01-06-2021, 12:14 AM
Last Post: rsthomas
No access after reinstall brucecy92 1 3 ,579 10-10-2020, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Jettaman