This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Fork of Sentora
Fork of Sentora
Hi,

My company is looking to develop a custom web control panel. How much effort would go into maintaining a custom control panel fork of Sentora? I am not too familiar with the code base and won't waste my programmer's time looking into it until I asked for some background/info first.

Thanks!!
Thanks given by:
RE: Fork of Sentora
[This should be moved as it is not Support related Move to: Sentora Development http://forums.sentora.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=54]

My suggestion is to ask your programmer.
The time required will be highly dependent on your goals and objectives, if you just want something that works why you do not develop a custom Theme for sentora and some modules to fit your needs and let the Sentora Dev team take care of maintaining the core software?

If you really need a custom solution and if that requires you to heavily change the core of sentora you are probably looking for at the very least a part-time job (3-5h per day, probably more) for your developer (assuming you want to test security, issues and make something well done).

If what you want is something to use and forget... just use Sentora.
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
As correctly noticed by apinto (thanks !), I moved the thread to "non support related" discussions.
Thanks given by:
(06-18-2015, 01:00 AM)5050 Wrote: As correctly noticed by apinto (thanks !), I moved the thread to "non support related" discussions.

LOL I did too! Did at same time so didn't notice each other...
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(06-17-2015, 09:51 AM)JG_NJ_1990 Wrote: Hi,

My company is looking to develop a custom web control panel. How much effort would go into maintaining a custom control panel fork of Sentora? I am not too familiar with the code base and won't waste my programmer's time looking into it until I asked for some background/info first.

Thanks!!

You are free to fork sentora. But you will have to abide to GPL licence and share all the code with the community not grab the code and release it as yours.

What do you want as help here? Notice you are setting conditions while you are the one willing to use the code, that's a bit strange.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update redirect to Sentora login to an error page if a sub domain does not exist TGates 0 1 ,254 01-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Suhosin-NG!!! A Snuffleupagus Fork. What's next? Jettaman 2 4 ,739 12-14-2023, 11:06 PM
Last Post: v8web
Need Sentora HELP ? Alemiz 4 11 ,327 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: republicus