This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Implementation of SSL
Implementation of SSL
Hi all,

I know that implementation of SSL into the Sentora core has been brought on multiple occasions 
but I am unsure if anyone has picked up the job of actually doing this?

If not i would like to do this, I have seen that @Diablo925 has created a module for this...http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=1044

If I do implement it I modify the existing domains module to make it "Domain Manager"
adding  an extra column of ssl on/off on the domains list screen and
adding a button manage or something similar next to delete that will display ssl settings for that domain with ability to 
  • ssl on/off switch.
  • create a .csr for the domain, 
  • create and install a self signed cert
  • Install option for ca signed certs 
  • Redirect non-ssl site to ssl site on/off
The last switch would do a 302 for example.com > https://example.com
This will require a fair amount of core modification so that when writing the vhost.conf that it does the redirect instead of standard vhost. Probably add the redirect text for vhost into the apache admin module.

Lastly making the sentora site ssl. Add the following features to the apache admin module or ability to make the SSL changes to cp domain in domains
  • Add a switch ssl on/off
  • create a .csr for the domain, 
  • create and install a self signed cert
  • Install option for ca signed certs 
  • Redirect non-ssl site to ssl site on/off

Thoughts? 
Cheers
Thanks given by:
RE: Implementation of SSL
intersting but best if you can split the job in 2 parts.

One that require changing apache and the other that can work with a directory lockdown at /etc/sentora/panel ( apache config will be in /etc/sentora/config/apache)

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
RE: Implementation of SSL
By one requires chaning apache I'm assume you mean the Daemon that dynamically creates the vhost-conf?
If so I have made a table upgrade script and already modified the Daemon to check whether ssl is enable and the redirect is in effect and if both are true then it puts the vhost of http as a redirect to the ssl site.

What do you mean though with "the other that can work with a directory lockdown?
Thanks given by: