This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Installing
Installing
I want to install this program on my dedicated server running CentOS 6.6 64bit, but I heard it reinstalls things. I am currently running what's called Multicraft, which is a Minecraft control panel. It uses PHP, Apache, MySQL, Phpmyadmin, Java, and I believe a bit more. Anyways, I am scared that installing Sentora will delete my existing MySQL data, as with Apache. What can I do? Or what will happen? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Thanks given by:
RE: Installing
You can not install Sentora on that server. Sad

You would need to install it on a CLEAN minimal OS installed server (No web services at all) and then add your Minecraft stuff to that.

Trying to install it on your current server will fail and cause you MANY headaches.

As stated in the Docs and everywhere else, Sentora installs 'Everything you need to run a web hosting server.' Thus installing and configuring apache, database server, email server, DNS server, etc. during install.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Okay, I guess I could do that. Could you list everything that Sentora installs? That way I know what to install and it makes it easier for me. Thanks! Smile
Thanks given by:
http://docs.sentora.org/?node=57
You would install Sentora then your Minecraft stuff, I'm not sure what it requires and if all parts are compatible.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
New To Sentora - Help Installing Software After Install shurimano 1 4 ,618 05-23-2018, 05:26 AM
Last Post: TGates
Installing Postfix [Error] cyber1995 11 28 ,616 04-10-2018, 10:16 AM
Last Post: MosDef
Since installing CSF CMs222 4 8 ,695 02-13-2018, 07:54 PM
Last Post: CMs222