This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Clustering Sentora
Clustering Sentora
Hey. I created a sentora cluster running on GlusterFS which is repliacting data between 2 nodes. Currently I am replicating the /var/sentora catalog and I did also set up a master-to-master mariadb replication. However, after creating a user on one node (and chaning his passwrd, created a ftp acctount, and a domain for him, upload files aswell) evertything got replicated very nice. I turned off this node, and the traffic went through the second node - the only thing that did not get are user credentials, I cant log in with those newly created credentials on node. How sentora stores users and its passwords in order to replicate this data?? (after coming back to node1 I can log in).
Thanks given by:
RE: Clustering Sentora
You need to set same server hashing key...
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(04-26-2015, 06:59 PM)Me.B Wrote: You need to set same server hashing key...

Keys (from /etc/sentora/panel/cnf/security.php) are exactly the same across both nodes, but I still can't login fro the second node. What else should I check? Btw is Sentora shipped with an abillity to store sessions in database like redis or in memcache? Clear cookies are problematic when during a user session one of the nodes goes down.
Thanks given by:
memcache is unsafe for storing session in shared environnement... same over redis.

Sentora was not designed for clustering/fail over and not even tested on our side. So no idea why you are facing such issue.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(04-26-2015, 10:01 PM)Me.B Wrote: memcache is unsafe for storing session in shared environnement... same over redis.

Sentora was not designed for clustering/fail over and not even tested on our side. So no idea why you are facing such issue.

M B

Does sentora "Prevents Key Collisions on INSERTs" like described here? http://scale-out-blog.blogspot.com/2012/...aster.html <-> unscalable and unclusterable hosting solutions arent alright Tongue But still sentora is great Smile
Thanks given by:
No as it was not designed for that.
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,992 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,157 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,567 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel