This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MariaDB backup
MariaDB backup
Hi, I got my sentora running on CentOS7 for more than a month. Everything runs fine except the backup.
The files backup is working fine but none of my SQL databases (on MariaDB) is backup. I checked the threads and seems that people can get the database backup done properly (they are using ubuntu). Would be great if someone can shed some lights on this.

Andy
Thanks given by:
RE: MariaDB backup
should work on mariaDB stranger will check it beside I think centos/ubuntu backup is a bit broken.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I have CentOS7 - Sentora - MariaDB and I dont have a problem to backup.
there is 1 option. all your databases are related to zadmin, the backup -> backup the clients data.
upload some screenshot.
Thanks given by:
DB are created thru sentora or outside sentora?
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(04-26-2015, 04:14 PM)ofirattia Wrote: I have CentOS7 - Sentora - MariaDB and I dont have a problem to backup.
there is 1 option. all your databases are related to zadmin, the backup -> backup the clients data.
upload some screenshot.
Hi, 

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked zadmin folder(see below), I can only find the public_html backups in this folder.  Couldn't find the database backup.

/var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/backups

Do you know where is the sentora script that do the backup?  Maybe I can check the code.

Regards,
Andy
Thanks given by:
(04-26-2015, 07:01 PM)Me.B Wrote: DB are created thru sentora or outside sentora?

DB are created via the command line (outside).  Having said that, none of the sentora system databases are back up either.

Regards,
Andy
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2015, 10:33 AM)andy Wrote: DB are created via the command line (outside).  Having said that, none of the sentora system databases are back up either.

And that's it.

Backup will only work for user's DB's as each db is stored in user directory. It won't backup sentora own DB's, you have to do that manually.

Also as you don't create DB using sentora it will not be included in backup. How backup module will know the DB owner? And where to store it.

This is not a BUG, all you had to do is just using sentora to create the DB, so backup will included in backup job.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by: andy
Thanks. Problem solved after I registered the database via sentora panel.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Old issue on Daily Backup iraqiboy90 24 111 ,753 12-26-2020, 12:48 PM
Last Post: conglynina
Restore mysql database backup to new Sentora kevwebbie 3 8 ,140 09-30-2019, 09:50 PM
Last Post: kevwebbie
Backup all folders demkhuyenmai 1 4 ,070 11-02-2018, 04:06 AM
Last Post: Me.B