This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora Backup Doesn't Seem to Work
RE: Sentora Backup Doesn't Seem to Work
(04-28-2016, 12:36 AM)americanninja Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 10:16 PM)johnny09 Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 08:36 PM)americanninja Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this. So I never got this working, however Johnny09's comment just reminded me of this. Last week I upgrade Sentora from 1.0.0 to 1.0.3 and I just checked and it seems the backup feature is now WORKING. When I click the backup button, a window pops up and gives me a estimate of backup size and then I can click the backup button. It's processing right now, but I thought I would just post to say it appears to be working now. So if anyone is still having trouble with this, try upgrading to 1.0.3.

Btw, as for Me.B's post, I'm not sure what it means. There is no automatic backup that happens with Sentora that I can see. When looking in this folder /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/backups, there is nothing there, so I don't think any backups are happening daily or automatically.

Proof of that I have 1.0.3 version and running on centos 7, new fresh installation.... Huh

So you are saying that it works on Ubuntu 14 ?

Yes, it works on my Ubuntu 14 running 1.0.3. But what you are experiencing was what I had issues with before.

Not sure what causes that and I have no idea how my system just magically started working again. What are the permissions of the backup folder. /home/zadmin/backups

Try setting to 777 and then attempt to launch that backup window again and see if you see the backup button appear. It should look like the attachment I have posted here.

Yes, it should look like that! I know! Start thinking maybe Ubuntu is a better choice than Centos???
Thanks given by:
This was my morning surprise, had to restart the server, memo was full, no response from the server side .... real zpanel bug, but how did I fix it? 

The temp folder was full - 250gb with unfinished backups!!!

Who remembers?  Confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
If you issue is over ZPANEL then use zpanel forum section as this is irrelevant to sentora. In sentora we fixed already many bugs reported in zpanel, so when reporting that back to sentora forum, we waste time checking the wrong code base over such bugs and can't provide the correct answers. Thanks to update your profile too zpanel/sentora.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2016, 04:55 PM)Me.B Wrote: If you issue is over ZPANEL then use zpanel forum section as this is irrelevant to sentora. In sentora we fixed already many bugs reported in zpanel, so when reporting that back to sentora forum, we waste time checking the wrong code base over such bugs and can't provide the correct answers. Thanks to update your profile too zpanel/sentora.

M B

I was using before zpanel, now updated to sentora, a lot of has changed, but the main thing does not work - backuping ! ! !
Like I said the backup issue was also in zpanel, now that same issue is in sentora, maybe the fix is identical? 

I just want that i could do a manual backup and thats all, it is to much to ask ? ? ?
Thanks given by:
(04-28-2016, 12:36 AM)americanninja Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 10:16 PM)johnny09 Wrote:
(04-27-2016, 08:36 PM)americanninja Wrote: Hi Guys,

Just wanted to update this. So I never got this working, however Johnny09's comment just reminded me of this. Last week I upgrade Sentora from 1.0.0 to 1.0.3 and I just checked and it seems the backup feature is now WORKING. When I click the backup button, a window pops up and gives me a estimate of backup size and then I can click the backup button. It's processing right now, but I thought I would just post to say it appears to be working now. So if anyone is still having trouble with this, try upgrading to 1.0.3.

Btw, as for Me.B's post, I'm not sure what it means. There is no automatic backup that happens with Sentora that I can see. When looking in this folder /var/sentora/hostdata/zadmin/backups, there is nothing there, so I don't think any backups are happening daily or automatically.

Proof of that I have 1.0.3 version and running on centos 7, new fresh installation.... Huh

So you are saying that it works on Ubuntu 14 ?

Yes, it works on my Ubuntu 14 running 1.0.3. But what you are experiencing was what I had issues with before.

Not sure what causes that and I have no idea how my system just magically started working again. What are the permissions of the backup folder. /home/zadmin/backups

Try setting to 777 and then attempt to launch that backup window again and see if you see the backup button appear. It should look like the attachment I have posted here.

For me backup not work with modified default static files! So, I need to copy custom static files to every site... only for backup reason.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,968 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,140 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,548 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel