This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

CLI Options
CLI Options
Hello,

Been browsing open source hosting panels to deploy on VPS systems. I'm looking for a way via ssh/bash to disable some of the default modules that get installed. Is this possible?

I noticed there was an setso function, but I'm unable to find a list or examples or commands for this. To start as an example, I'd like to remove "DNS Config" and "DNS Manager", or even an option to just disable their view for the various user levels (Administrators, Resellers, Users). I know it can be done via the interface, but looking for a command line option for easier deployment.

Edit: Okay it seems "zppy remove dns_manager" will solve removing of them. How about just disabling them from view? I assume that would be handled in the database itself.
Thanks given by:
RE: CLI Options
Unfortunately after looking at the security and permissions that are used for this panel, it doesn't look like a viable solution at this time. I really love the design, the module implementation, and other features about the panel so that is a shame.

Example:
All of the users home directories are owned by apache, they are permission 777 (as well as many other directories), php runs as apache user for every account, zsudo..

Not meant to be a post putting down any of the work you folks have done and I hope to perhaps revisit this as a solution in the future. Security I hope would be top priority at this point because the panel is nice in other aspects. Looking forward to future updates.
Thanks given by: