This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Feedback about CloudFlare
Feedback about CloudFlare
This is not really a support request, I just want your opinions.

I'm using CF as my DNS (free account for now).
As they do not have a SLA (not even on pro), do you had any critical issues with CloudFlare?

It's all ok and working for now. I just read some random stuff around the internet and wanted to check with someone whose opinion would be more valid.

Than you!
My Sentora Resources
[Module] Mail Quota Count | Vagrant Box with Sentora

[Image: vanguardly-logo-micro.png]
Graphic and Web Design. Development.
www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
RE: Feedback about CloudFlare
They are generally fine though they did have a incident a couple months back when they were DDoSed and CloudFlare enabled sites were offline for a about a hour... though that is the only problem I ever had with them.
Before posting, update your profile with your OS, Sentora version and server type!

Thanks given by: apinto
Hi,

I've used them since a long while ( More than a year) mainly as DNS and they are reliable ( despite having one or two issues that got fixed quickly).

Their DNS is anycast very good and far better than the one you would setup on your own servers (costly to match). CDN & Free SSL are the extra that make it awesome.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your Feedback.
I plan on using them on more important websites.
Recently I've read that I should stay away from them, but it seemed like a bit of "hate review".

I'll use cloudflare, at least the DNS resolve is really fast Tongue
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
All the hate review I saw are warning over their policy if you report abuse or are not banning websites easily. While no argument on technical side.. Read them.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
The most elaborated review I read was this one (http://themattreid.com/wordpress/2013/03...f-failure/).
It talks about the SLA not be guaranteed, not even on Pro accounts, and that with Cloud Flare you have a single Point of failure if their service goes offline....

Well, while I agree to some extent, the probability of Cloud Flare failure is, IMHO, way lower than our own DNS.
I can still use GoDaddy or NameCheap DNS, but still, with a third party DNS we are still stuck with a single point of failure.

On the other hand, like you said, there is nothing speaking about the technical side of CF.
My tests on their DNS showed me they are very really fast to resolve, even comparing to GoDaddy (at least from my location).

Thank you for your feedback Smile
My Sentora Resources

www.vanguardly.com

Thanks given by:
Easy to say cloudflare as single point of failure. Any DNS server would be then a single point of failure. (It happened).

But already they have redundant servers far from average service you can find boosted with anycast that speed up resolution, all for free and they proved serious.

The main issue is more limitation like you can't add PTR records or should delegate the domain root, not only a subdomain. And seem there is a limit of the number of records supported.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by: