This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Error access to Subdomains
RE: Error access to Subdomains
(09-14-2021, 01:32 AM)christnicolas Wrote: Hi guys, I really need your help.
So, the problem is I cannot access Subdomains. I have installed it successfully but when accessing subdomains, it failed. Subdomain included sentora.[domain].dev., on DNS: sentora, record A, TLL 1H.

Could anyone help me? Thanks in advance!

sub-domains are a CNAME record not A records.
Please supply a screenshot of the DNS Manager for the domain on the Sentora hosting panel.

What is a CNAME Record?
A CNAME, or Canonical Name record, is a record that points to another domain address rather than an IP address.
For example, say you have several subdomains, like www.mydomain.com, ftp.mydomain.com, mail.mydomain.com etc and you want these sub domains to point to your main domain name mydomain.com.

Instead of creating A records for each sub-domain and binding it to the IP address of your domain you can create CNAME records.

As you can see in the table below, in the case where the IP address of your server changes, you only need to update one A record and all the subdomains follow automatically because all the CNAMES point to the main domain with the A record:

(sub)Domain / Hostname | TTL | Record Type| Target / Destination
mydomain.com                  3600         A              111.222.333.444
www                                   3600     CNAME                   @
ftp                                       3600     CNAME                    @
mail                                    3600     CNAME                   @
test                                     3600     CNAME                   @

After you add the CNAME Wait on daemon update or run it manually and restart apache.

Code:
php -q /etc/sentora/panel/bin/daemon.php

Ubuntu
Code:
service apache2 restart

CentOS
Code:
service httpd restart

NOTE ! DNS propagation can take up to can take up to 72 hours to propagate worldwide
"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Error access to Subdomains - by christnicolas - 09-14-2021, 01:32 AM
RE: Error access to Subdomains - by sparkrack - 09-14-2021, 06:33 AM
RE: Error access to Subdomains - by spoonman - 11-01-2021, 06:46 AM
RE: Error access to Subdomains - by bradjtrammell - 11-02-2021, 03:20 AM
RE: Error access to Subdomains - by spoonman - 11-02-2021, 10:40 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
DNS Manager Error? rafaht 10 36 ,800 02-23-2018, 10:47 PM
Last Post: CMs222