This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora future ?
Sentora future ?
Hello.
To start with I would thank the team for their effort for bringing us such a nice piece of software.
So far it works pretty well and I'm quite happy with it.
Nevertheless, as usual, some bug are triggered here and there and I would be happy to contribute to solve some of them or increase some functionalities like more complete and intuitive vhost management, like adding ssl by default, a more straightforward account creation with everything (database, mysql user, email account,...) setup in one click .

Unfortunately, it seems the development has recently become in standby. I did a pull request 4 days ago and no one seems to be interested to even comment it. I do not feel a real enthusiasm from anyone so I'm reluctant to spend time and energy to contribute to this project if I do not have the certainty it will not be lost in a near future.

Alright, I might be pessimistic as 4 days is so little compare to a life span, and you can object me I'm able to fork and continue to use it on my own. Yeah. But I can't afford to be on my own fixing things the next major release of my distro.

So please tell me this project is the path to heaven for a lost soul like me.
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora future ?
https://github.com/sentora/sentora-core/pull/133

We already commented the issue 49. & the pull will be reviewed, however accepting quickly the pull request won't change anything until next release, as the current stable is tagged 1.0 & won't get the patch.

It would be great to see more users helping here & fixing sentora.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2015, 11:26 PM)Me.B Wrote: https://github.com/sentora/sentora-core/pull/133

We already commented the issue 49. & the pull will be reviewed, however accepting quickly the pull request won't change anything until next release, as the current stable is tagged 1.0 & won't get the patch.

It would be great to see more users helping here & fixing sentora.

M B

Obviously, I do not expect this commit to become an hotfix.

I would be pleased to contribute but I do not see any TODO list, anyone assigned to bugs or feature requests.

I do not want to spend hours working on a neat SSL implementation if in a month or two one of the maintainers say: "thanks but I did it already, I won't merge your commit".

My post was only about the lack of foresight of this project. For the moment, I just cross fingers.
Thanks given by:
For SSL we plan that in the core as we should try to offer a clean solution, we have already all the pieces.

All help is always welcome, you can already build 3rd party modules. For core you should coordinate with core dev, as they will stick to their plans. You can help bringing solutions, debug & fix bugs.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
The problem with road maps is that they don't work for 99% of projects being developed in peoples free time.

For example I love laravel but L5 was like 4 months late from when the roadmap said it was going to be released. Plus it has a ton more developers than we do. But they ran into unexpected issues like everybody does.

If you want to help development wise then its bugs that we need help with. There all listed here https://github.com/sentora/sentora-core/issues if you can 1 find the cause of the issue and / OR fix the issue that's awesome Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Update redirect to Sentora login to an error page if a sub domain does not exist TGates 0 1 ,838 01-28-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Need Sentora HELP ? Alemiz 4 11 ,476 10-26-2018, 04:09 PM
Last Post: republicus
Sentora Feedback and Ideas Xversion 10 29 ,091 10-28-2017, 06:49 AM
Last Post: TGates