This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Email not sending to hotmail. Possibe to use SMTP?
RE: Email not sending to hotmail. Possibe to use SMTP?
I have many servers who deliver successful to Hotmail
But i must agree Hotmail has his own rules and sometime they block without a reason
1.Make sure you have a clean IP address
2.Check rDNS settings
3.if possible use DKIM
5.Do not use Email Forwarders, this triggers Spam protection by providers
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2015, 09:13 PM)Active8 Wrote: I have many servers who deliver successful to Hotmail
But i must agree Hotmail has his own rules and sometime they block without a reason
1.Make sure you have a clean IP address
2.Check rDNS settings
3.if possible use DKIM
5.Do not use Email Forwarders, this triggers Spam protection by providers

1.Checked, not blacklisted, VPS static IP.
 2.Checked, rDNS resolves fine to the same domain.
 3.Checked, all accounts have DKIM keys, one by one, no *@example.com , only to the real email accounts that are created. Also using SPF generated from Microsoft Wizard.
 4. Not fowarding at all.

Same result.
Thanks given by:
What are the email headers ? and do you mind to share your domain / ip address ?
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2015, 09:35 PM)Active8 Wrote: What are the email headers ? and do you mind to share your domain / ip address ?

pawpanel.es

Is using Zpanel, but I have another server with sentora and same thing, In the new one I ended up using Google Apps.
Thanks given by:
I see a small thing:
v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:23.226.142.184 mx:pawpanel.es -all
Could you try ?:
v=spf1 a mx ip4:123.226.142.184 ~all (my servers are configured this way)

If still no luck:
I see that you have only one IP address for both of your Nameservers, im not sure if something has to do with this, try for test it with 2 ip address (buy one for month of so)
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2015, 10:18 PM)Active8 Wrote: I see a small thing:
v=spf1 a mx ptr ip4:23.226.142.184 mx:pawpanel.es -all
Could you try ?:
v=spf1 a mx ip4:123.226.142.184 ~all (my servers are configured this way)

If still no luck:
I see that you have only  one IP address for both of your Nameservers, im not sure if something has to do with this, try for test it with 2 ip address (buy one for month of so)

Still same result, not arriving at all, postfix logs are ok, the connection with tls is OK, the DKIM headers are added OK, and the message is being sent too, status sent not a single error or bounced messages, nothing.

I don't see how two nameservers are going to solve the problem as it is not related with DNS as far as I can tell, having a single point of failure is no good, but anyway if someone take down my primary server is useless to have another one with dns, unless i separate apache and dns servers on several machines.

Thanks anyway for your help, I will keep trying to seek for the error.
Thanks given by:
What about your exim log ? when you send to hotmail account do you get " 220 code + Queued for delivery" but never delivered ?

If this is the case fill in this form :
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?prod...mts&scrx=1
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2015, 02:40 AM)Active8 Wrote: What about your exim log ? when you send to hotmail account do you get " 220 code + Queued for delivery" but never delivered ?

If this is the case fill in this form :
https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?prod...mts&scrx=1

I'm not using exim is not even installed, nor in my zpanel server neither on the new one using sentora, is using Postfix as MTA as every one else, they are not supposed to be used togeher , you use one or the other.

The status is first queued and then sent, that's what appears in the postfix logs.

The zpanel server is running debian 7. I used a script to install zpanel on debian from the old zpanel forums a long time ago, all is working fine except for this issue with hotmail.

I sent the form several times, same response, your server doesn't meet the requirements, they don't tell you what is wrong, they only provide you with links to RFCs and encourage you to join their spam programs, which I did, even gave them permission to monitor my email server, but again no result not a clue what's wrong.
Thanks given by:
(03-21-2015, 03:14 AM)rekuen Wrote: I'm not using exim is not even installed, nor in my zpanel server neither on the new one using sentora, is using Postfix as MTA as every one else, they are not supposed to be used togeher , you use one or the other.

My bad I had Direct Admin CP in my had Tongue

Im afraid your problem is with Microsoft and it is not your installation

P.S> Awesome CMS system you have there , is it free ?
Thanks given by:
Quote:You can disagree as you want, but I have many servers sending to hotmail without an issue, as long I do the right setup and keep them free of spam!

M B

I fully agree with you M.B

The only problem is the microsoft.

I wonder if you can have the receipt logs and sending e-mail on my server.

Thank you very much!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,259 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
Email has stopped coming through rsthomas 3 3 ,859 06-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: fearworks
spammer email plateform sentora scram 8 13 ,843 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM
Last Post: 5050