This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Cannot create account, showing duplicate email address...
Cannot create account, showing duplicate email address...
I created a test reseller account, entered all the information and everything went fine. I removed the account and created another reseller account using the same email address, I'm getting an error this time:

"Another user account is already using this email address."

Current Client listing shows:
"You have no client accounts at this time. Create a client using the form below. "

Can someone check on this? looks like, when deleting the previous account, it didn't remove it cleanly.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Cannot create account, showing duplicate email address...
yep. thats because the email is already used and still stored in the DB. You need to log in through phpmyadmin and manually remove the user from x_accounts table.

I've been working on a module that will allow the admin to see and delete them if they want to. (Still in early development)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
so is it a bug? it should've removed the account cleanly without going thru extra steps.
Thanks given by:
No. This is not a bug it is by design. Although we are planning on revisiting how this works in a future release.

Thanks given by:
(03-11-2015, 10:44 PM)TGates Wrote: No. This is not a bug it is by design. Although we are planning on revisiting how this works in a future release.

Just curious, why is this by design? what does it accomplish by going through extra step and removing it manually?
Thanks given by:
One reason is that if you accidentally deleted a client's account you can get it back. Another reason is that it allows only one account per email - say you removed the user for whatever reason, they can not use the same email to re-signup or make duplicate accounts.

There are more pro's then con's on this issue. But as I said, we are planning to revisit this situation in a future release.

Thanks given by:
Hi
I have the same problem , where can I get that table ?

i logged into phpmyadmin with root credential but i havent' found x_account table.

thanks very much.
sentora 1.0.3
Thanks given by:
If the email address is linked to a closed or canceled account you can install the 'deleted records manager' module and delete it using that module. If it is an active account you will need to use a different email account. The purpose of this is so that people can not create multiple accounts with the same email (possible spammers) and also to ensure that the password reset feature sends the proper information to the correct email account. You can imagine the problems for password recovery if accounts used the same email...
Something to look into would be to require email AND username in the password reset module. This would then allow for using the same email multiple times on different accounts. Could make this an admin selected choice to allow/disallow multiple accounts with same email. Me.B (future feature?)

Thanks given by:
We may think about it. But most panels I saw won't accept email same as another active user.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Hello, in my case I pretend that my users can have multiple accounts, as discussed this with Sentora?
for example:

Cliente 1:
Account1: Package1
Account2: Package4
Account3: Package6
in this case my example client has the same email for all your accounts.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,259 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,571 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel
Email has stopped coming through rsthomas 3 3 ,859 06-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: fearworks