This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
Sentora is a great web hosting panel, but i fear it is developed by people that don't actually use one. If you ever use a control panel for providing web hosting accounts to clients you would see a different need than what any open source panel provides. Sentora is the closest yet, along with imscp and i really do like Sentora.
But it's let down by it's filemanager, this is the most basic requirement of any hosting control panel and after 10 years development I don't understand why no one's sorted out a decent filemanager?

Net2ftp is the best but restricts upload size and you need to log into it, I'm not sure why because other control panels that use net2ftp allow you direct access, i.e click filemanager and you're directly into your directory.
xtplorer looked promising but you can't delete multiple files nor chmod multiple files, nor move back and forth witrhin directories.
monstftp is great for uploading large files, but that's it. You can't do anything else with it.
So my clients would need to use a combination of three file managers to do the job of one.

But anyway, that's beside the point. My main issue is that I need my clients to be able to..welll...sign up...and all I've got is xbilling which simply doesn't work, and no one here is able or willing to assist.
So a control panel with no way of allowing users to sign up is simply no good to be, no matter how much I would love to keep Sentora.
So, here goes..last attempt for help, but please read and understand the problem, don't make assumptions: There is no config file for xbilling, and yes i do know that there is a link for it in my control panel, but that link does not give me a config file. It gives me a blank page. That's all.
When I click 'download config file' I get taken to a page on my server: http://mydomain/?module=xbilling&action=FetchConfig
And that's just a blank page.
I've just got recommended to several people on forums and need to be able to provide a sign up form, I'm currently losing customers, so if anyone could please give me a config file today i would really much appreciate it. If not, then my choice is lose customers or delete sentora and use imsp instead.
Please guys, I really like sentora and don't want to have to give up on it.
Thanks given by:
RE: Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp
(03-09-2015, 12:28 AM)layman Wrote: Sentora is a great web hosting panel, but i fear it is developed by people that don't actually use one. If you ever use a control panel for providing web hosting accounts to clients you would see a different need than what any open source panel provides. Sentora is the closest yet, along with imscp and i really do like Sentora.
But it's let down by it's filemanager, this is the most basic requirement of any hosting control panel and after 10 years development I don't understand why no one's sorted out a decent filemanager?

I'm running a hosting company and my panel before sentora never had a descent file manager and no customer complained! They learned to use FTP my self I Do that.

ne2ftp upload size is easy to fix if you dig a bit.

Xbilling is a third party solution and works for many users.

You had started your post on the wrong side, we are eager to help. But what is the threat here? You drop sentora, a free open source panel we build for free? Because we unable to fulfill ALL YOUR REQUIREMENT? Sorry here but it's really beyond our scope. We do our best to help sentora users for free and keep working on sentora. The product doesn't fit your needs/requirement? We are sorry to hear that. You can still spend some time improve it! Build the missing modules or if you don't know how hire some dev to that. That's how open source works.

I really don't get the threat here!!!!!

Also saying people here don't know what is a panel!!! I used helm/plesk/cpanel and tested other competing panels and lot of devs arround been using other panel. From one side you say this is the closest best open source panel and the other side you say we don't know what is a f**** hosting panel!  Angry Angry Angry Angry

No one in the staff will apreciate such baseless statements... as you would better learn how to fix net2ftp upload limit that is beginners level for any sys admin/dev!

http://www.net2ftp.com/homepage/help-administrator.html

Quote:3) To allow large file uploads and transfers, you may have to change these settings:
  • in the file php.ini (directory C:\windows or /etc): upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, max_execution_time, memory_limit
  • in the file php.conf (directory /etc/httpd/conf.d): LimitRequestBody

10s google "change net2ftp upload limit" got me that!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 12:48 AM)Me.B Wrote:
(03-09-2015, 12:28 AM)layman Wrote: Sentora is a great web hosting panel, but i fear it is developed by people that don't actually use one. If you ever use a control panel for providing web hosting accounts to clients you would see a different need than what any open source panel provides. Sentora is the closest yet, along with imscp and i really do like Sentora.

I'm running a hosting company and my panel before sentora never had a descent file manager and no customer complained! They learned to use FTP my self I Do that.

ne2ftp upload size is easy to fix if you dig a bit.

Xbilling is a third party solution and works for many users.

You had started your post on the wrong side, we are eager to help. But what is the threat here? You drop sentora, a free open source panel we build for free? Because we unable to fulfill ALL YOUR REQUIREMENT? Sorry here but it's really beyond our scope. We do our best to help sentora users for free and keep working on sentora. The product doesn't fit your needs/requirement? We are sorry to hear that. You can still spend some time improve it! Build the missing modules or if you don't know how hire some dev to that. That's how open source works.

I really don't get the threat here!!!!!

Also saying people here don't know what is a panel!!! I used helm/plesk/cpanel and tested other competing panels and lot of devs arround been using other panel. From one side you say this is the closest best open source panel and the other side you say we don't know what is a f**** hosting panel!  Angry Angry Angry Angry

No one in the staff will apreciate such baseless statements... as you would better learn how to fix net2ftp upload limit that is beginners level for any sys admin/dev!

http://www.net2ftp.com/homepage/help-administrator.html

Quote:3) To allow large file uploads and transfers, you may have to change these settings:

• in the file php.ini (directory C:\windows or /etc): upload_max_filesize, post_max_size, max_execution_time, memory_limit
  • in the file php.conf (directory /etc/httpd/conf.d): LimitRequestBody

10s google "change net2ftp upload limit" got me that!

M B

Well thank you for being so rude, is that the best you can do, swear at people? If you thought that there was a threat implied you're wrong. If you care to look at my first post, i did mention that I was using imscp and was happy with it but decided to give sentora a try, then decided i loved it.
What my post above is saying, is that a control panel is no good without a billing system, and that no one here is prepared to help. If you run your own hosting setting up, you will also know that you need a way for clients to sign up.
Now you were really quick to reply to this post, weren't you? So why has no one replied about where to get a config file from?
The least you could have done instead of being so disgustingly rude...i mean imagine using swear words on public forums....is that the mentality of people here?.....you could have at least pointed me in the direction of the person who supplied the software.
If all you can do is swear...my God, what a disgcrace.
As for the filemanager.....most people who sign up for web hosting are not server experts, they want simplicity. What I'm saying is that I haven't yet seen an open source web hosting panel that appreciates what is wanted by clients.

Anyway, as you were more prepared to use bad language on a public forum than to assist, consider sentora deleted, and totally unrecomended to anyone. I would never ever send anyone to anyone who is likely to use bad language.
Disgusting.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 01:11 AM)layman Wrote: Now you were really quick to reply to this post, weren't you? So why has no one replied about where to get a config file from?

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...46#pid8046
http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...50#pid8050

P.S. where all volunteers with other jobs, we do what we can...
and if you wanted premium support there is an option for that.

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Now you were really quick to reply to this post, weren't you? So why has no one replied about where to get a config file from?

Easy to say. I Don't use Xbilling and been fast helping in all forums threads except themes/3rd party plugins. And your last post is only hours and already ron-e replied. I replied before over net2ftp when you complained over upload size limit but you didn't get it. And I'm the rude one here? Read again your post above? A non sens threat and you won't get anything that way. We are volunteer here doing it for FREE and not getting a dime for that beside we collaborate to get a working product. I loved sentora and my choice was to help here and it took me a lot of time instead of starting threatening the dev that I will leave if I don't get the features I want and there is a lot to do here.

see net2ftp previous reply:

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php...14#pid8014

and I replied before pointing better file manager than outdated net2ftp!

The billing solution might not be perfect here, good point but we are still focused on core features first and expect support for plugin users/author.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
MeB: I don't understand why you consider my post a threat? It's a statement. I'm trying my hardest to get everything working for my clients, and if that means usiing another control panel, that's what it means.
Imscp works and I have all the software I need to run it, but prefer the look of sentora.
I've been asking since yesterday about a config file, and many people read the post but no one answered. One person did answer, and complained that i posted four times, but ironically he didn't read any of the posts, because if he did he would have realised that his response did not address the problem.
If you thought that my helpful criticism was rude or a threat, you're wrong. I was saying that sentora is so close to being a competitor to cpanel but that it's developers don't seem to realise the needs of users.
Another thing.....yes somehow has now responded to my post and suggested that if i looked around before posting I could have found the answer, but i did look around, and your site is not easy to find anything.
I used your search function and got blanks.
It's a real shame about your attitude because I did feel a warm affection for sentora, despite the fact that it is not current;y able to provide me with a sign up system. So even though I have no choice to delete it, that didn't mean I was going against it, it meant i need a cp that customers can use.
But swearing at users is just unacceptable, and it's killed the affection I had for sentora.
Thanks given by:
So read again:

Quote:Last try before I delete Sentora and go back to Imscp

sound like an empty threat!

Quote:Sentora is a great web hosting panel, but i fear it is developed by people that don't actually use one.

these are disrespect for all the work we are doing and our experience/background!

If you have such issue with xbilling pay the developer or some one to fix it. That would solve the issue.

Quote:I've been asking since yesterday about a config file, and many people read the post but no one answered. 

So?????????????? You are surprised not getting so fast a reply a week end on third party plugin??

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 01:50 AM)layman Wrote: I've been asking since yesterday about a config file, and many people read the post but no one answered. 

This is community support with free volunteers with regular jobs, it's not fast but it's free.
If you like better support there is an premium support option.
Also you have to separate the core of Sentora with 3rd party modules, if you think something is missing in the Sentora core you can always create your own (3rd party) module.
The developers of the core of Sentora (not very many as we are not backed by an company) are really busy with the core and future versions.
They don't have much time for extra's like file managers (yes it's debatable if a file manager needs to be in the core but that's the reality right now and they have explained why this is many times) which have to come from the community.

(03-09-2015, 01:50 AM)layman Wrote: One person did answer, and complained that i posted four times, but ironically he didn't read any of the posts, because if he did he would have realised that his response did not address the problem.

Englisch is not everybody's first language, so yes it can be that someone misread something.
Please consider that Sentora is not an company, it is a group of people who try to make the best control panel they can.
If this is not good enough for you you're free to help out and contribute or find another alternative like you did with Imscp.

(03-09-2015, 12:28 AM)layman Wrote: I've just got recommended to several people on forums and need to be able to provide a sign up form, I'm currently losing customers, so if anyone could please give me a config file today i would really much appreciate it. 

P.S. may i ask why you are testing Sentora and it's 3rd part modules on a live production server which you use for your customers and not on a separate VPS or something safe?
(Or did i misread this?)

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:

Net2ftp is the best but restricts upload size and you need to log into it, I'm not sure why because other control panels that use net2ftp allow you direct access, i.e click filemanager and you're directly into your directory.
xtplorer looked promising but you can't delete multiple files nor chmod multiple files, nor move back and forth witrhin directories.
monstftp is great for uploading large files, but that's it. You can't do anything else with it.
So my clients would need to use a combination of three file managers to do the job of one.

But anyway, that's beside the point. My main issue is that I need my clients to be able to..welll...sign up...and all I've got is xbilling which simply doesn't work, and no one here is able or willing to assist.
So a control panel with no way of allowing users to sign up is simply no good to be, no matter how much I would love to keep Sentora.
So, here goes..last attempt for help, but please read and understand the problem, don't make assumptions: There is  no config file for xbilling, and yes i do know that there is a link for it in my control panel, but that link does not give me a config file. It gives me a blank page. That's all.
When I click 'download config file' I get taken to a page on my server: http://mydomain/?module=xbilling&action=FetchConfig
And that's just a blank page.
I've just got recommended to several people on forums and need to be able to provide a sign up form, I'm currently losing customers, so if anyone could please give me a config file today i would really much appreciate it. If not, then my choice is lose customers or delete sentora and use imsp instead.
Please guys, I really like sentora and don't want to have to give up on it.

Hi!

I agree with you, most people who develop Sentora or ZPanel not work with hosting unfortunately.
They lack such basic concepts as cross-platform cross-browser and (multi-lingual)compatibility and convenience for the customer.
I two years ago created a project for Windows platforms AWServer for ZPanelX

(unfortunately now my virtual server is down for some reason ...)
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2015, 05:46 AM)MarkDark Wrote: I agree with you, most people who develop Sentora or ZPanel not work with hosting unfortunately.
They lack such basic concepts as cross-platform cross-browser and (multi-lingual)compatibility and convenience for the customer.
This would be false as pretty much the entire staff uses Sentora/ZP for hosting company's or development purposes, I myself for well over 5 years.
I have also contributed several useful and very successful modules. (Totaling nearly 85,000 downloads combined)

On another note, there are thousands of others who have successfully managed to install the panel the first try and have never needed to use the forums as it works for them as needed.

As for a file manager, we  have never been satisfied with what is out there to include one with the core. (Outdated, lack of features, non-supported, etc.)

Our job is to produce a working CORE control panel.

Thank you for trying it anyways, enjoy Imscp.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,993 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,159 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,571 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM