This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Sentora Stability
Sentora Stability
Hello, how many sites can manage with sentora, Im talking about for hosting production environments.

For example I have one server with 1800 hosting accounts with cPanel.

Sentora support that number of accounts ? 
is stable ?
is secure ?

Thanks.
José
Thanks given by:
Sentora Stability
Sentora is limited to the size of your HDD.
I've never run that many accounts, (probably 10 tops), so can't really comment on the stability or speed of it running that many accounts, but it'd be like any other software I'd imagine, it depends on your hardware.

There have been many arguments by many members over the years, (a more serious one got me in the shit big time with everyone when I was part of the staff), but I'm on the side of the developers. Sentora, (old ZPanel) has been tested by an outside security source & all of the major issues were fixed.
Every precaution has been taken to ensure it's secure, but NO software, (Sentora, like cPanel is a software layer with root privileges) is 100% invulnerable.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
***Retail***
SCPH-39002, Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
SCPH-30002 RSW (Automobile Collection Snow White)
SCPH-10000 x2
SCPH-15000
SCPH-18000 x2
DESR-7700
SCPH-2040X x2
Linux Kit
PSBBN V0.20, V0.30
HDD Utility V1.00, V1.01

***Dev***
DTL-H30102 Running FCMB, HDD-OSD, Mini-OPL.
DTL-H20400 - Boxed
Thanks given by:
RE: Sentora Stability
(02-15-2020, 01:59 AM)aroiz Wrote: Hello, how many sites can manage with sentora, Im talking about for hosting production environments.

For example I have one server with 1800 hosting accounts with cPanel.

Sentora support that number of accounts ? 
is stable ?
is secure ?

Thanks.
José

Hi there! I am running Sentora for a few years now. I have a few servers with sentora they all work ok without issues, a minor bug here and there, but things you can fix under your server with some lines of code and "tweaks".

Is it stable? Yes! One of the reasons they keep it without much changes is the security. Its a good stable production.

Of course, you need to keep an eye on what you are doing, but with that many accounts I am pretty sure you know what you are doing.

Overall, yes! Sentora is a good control panel for webhosting accounts, pretty simple and easy to work with, secure and faster then cpanel too.
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2020, 06:50 AM)wormsunited Wrote: Hi there! I am running Sentora for a few years now. I have a few servers with sentora they all work ok without issues, a minor bug here and there, but things you can fix under your server with some lines of code and "tweaks".

Is it stable? Yes! One of the reasons they keep it without much changes is the security. Its a good stable production.

Of course, you need to keep an eye on what you are doing, but with that many accounts I am pretty sure you know what you are doing.

Overall, yes! Sentora is a good control panel for webhosting accounts, pretty simple and easy to work with, secure and faster then cpanel too.

Hello @Wormsunited and everyone,

Sentora v1.0.3 is, for the most part, SEMI-STABLE. If STABLE means (of an object or structure) not likely to give way or overturn; firmly fixed. The answer is NO. CentOS 6 & 7 and Ubuntu 14.04 have many issues that you will find as you start to use Sentora FULLY. Don't be FOOLED. 

As @Wormsubited STATED 
Code:
"a minor bug here and there, but things you can fix under your server with some lines of code and "tweaks."

Is CORRECT. Unless you are a developer, PHP Coder or just someone that understands what to do, you will not be able to get Sentora v1.0.3 running 100%. 

Trust me it's NOT EASY, to tell the truth being someone that has been using this system seen it was Zpanel. I have more than 7+ years with this code and use it for PRODUCTION.

- Sentora is SECURE with VHOST(Site) to VHOST(site) because of Suhosin and PHP openbase_dir. Solid system  :-)
- Sentora panel is NOT SECURE!!! Any USER can VIEW (MySQL, MAILBOX, etc - Passwords), DELETE(MySQL, MAILBOX, etc-), ADD(MySQL, MAILBOX, etc-). NO JOKE. There are currently 3 ZERO day hacks to take full control of Sentora. Sentora team knows of these issues and still hasn't addressed them. Sad 

Sentora code is more than [ 5 years old!!! ] There is a secret HACK to get the most recent code in the INSTALLER THO. 
The Sentora team has not made this public yet. [Should have made an UPDATE years ago]. I see them mention it but never tell the public what to do. See below-

INSTALL UP-TO-DATE SENTORA code-

Making new installer for everyone!!!! Stay tuned!!! Sorry to tired to continue...

LOVE SENTORA & SENTORA TEAM. BEHIND YOU 100%, BUT ITS TIME TO MOVE FORWARD. 
-Jettaman-

NEW: Sentora v.2.0.1 has been released!!!

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Donate HERE and do your part. We thank you for your support.
Thanks given by: wormsunited
security is tottally blown, if you've took an outside company to audit it please PM me for an offer to get your production servers secure... sentora servers are rootable in less than 5mins
Thanks given by:
(04-23-2020, 05:47 AM)Vedran B Wrote: security is tottally blown, if you've took an outside company to audit it please PM me for an offer to get your production servers secure... sentora servers are rootable in less than 5mins

Vedran B,

We are working on restructuring Sentora and fixing all security issues. Sentora team hasn't had any active developers for a while and lost its main Dev @ballen a while ago. As you know I have been working on a NEW version that will be merged with the existing code that has many of the security issues fixed like modules/control panel vulnerabilities. Still, BETA code tell I finish security testing. We also have a new version with PHP-FPM, real system user lookdown, and proper permissions. This is a major step for security and Sentora's future. 

Thank you for supporting Sentora & sharing your finds on Github.
-Jettaman-

Sentora's quick recovery depends on community support and donations. We need to stand as one and help Sentora into the future.

Thanks given by:
thank you for this post
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2020, 06:05 PM)rasan98 Wrote: thank you for this post

You're more than welcome. Please stay tuned for our future release coming soon!!! Ubuntu (16.04, 18.04, 20.04) & CentOS (7 Maybe, 8) support. PHP 7+, Security patchs and more. Thank you for your support.
-Jettaman-

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,874 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,096 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,484 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel