This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

setzadmin to setadmin
setzadmin to setadmin
HI,

Can somebody from dev team confirm that this is perfectly safe way to change user/reseller ( admin in this case ) password using setzadmin script ?
This would be a nice script feature.

cd /etc/sentora/panel/bin
cp setzadmin setadmin
sed -i s/zadmin/admin/ setadmin

./setadmin --noregen --set newpassword

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks given by:
RE: setzadmin to setadmin
setzadmin is only designed to reset the main zadmin password. Once logged in as zadmin you can then update and change all other account passwords for clients.

I will tag the devs to see what they think though.

ballen motters 5050
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
Hi

My 2 cents :
"zadmin" is a very special user. Currently it is fixed (this does not hurts security as long as you setup a password long enough for it) but it was asked many time to enable to change it, so it may be done one day.

Using a such modifyed setzadmin script should works now, but doing so is not safe because nobody will not take such use in account if later setzadmin become modified according to new requirements.

If you really need a command line tool to change user password, it would be better to modify the script setzadmin to include username entry in arguments, ie: --user=username (default=zadmin), or to rewrite a new tool dedicated to that. (In both cases, think to issue a pull request on github !)
Thanks given by:
Well, right now i need to use a modified script to change users/resellers accounts.
Basicaly because we are expending and plainig to build up a lot of VM running Sentora with clients access to just reseller accounts.
And i need a way to generate passwords for lets say admin accounts on each of this VMs in some automatic way.

5050 again thanks for positive and progressive support Smile
Thanks given by: