This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

webmail redirection not working
RE: webmail redirection not working
Confused  You do not add it as an A record. webmail gets added as a CNAME record...
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
nope A record is ok too Tom and it resolves. The page shows centos error when apache have issue with default page or root folder.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Huh  webmail.domain.com is a subdomain and should be CNAME. Then the custom vhost entry does the final DNS to tell it where to go on the server. A records just point to the server's IP do they not? (Like mail, ftp, etc)

It will resolve to the server, but not to the location ON the server.

Either way, I know it works as a CNAME for sure Wink

Thanks given by:
chown -r apache:apache /etc/sentora/panel/etc/apps/webmail/

This might be permission issue but again it's internal apache error when it's unable to load pages ( path error or such it will show well in logs).

Not a DNS issue as it resolves either A or Cname.
M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I cant get this to work - can someone give me a hand?
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry for this post but.. I also have this problem.. When i try to open mail.domain.com is opening sentora's login page..
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2015, 04:51 PM)kini Wrote: I'm sorry for this post but.. I also have this problem.. When i try to open mail.domain.com is opening sentora's login page..

mail.domain.com is supposed to show panel login. it is your mail server domain.
webmail.domain.com is what should point to roundcube.

Thanks given by:
(03-21-2015, 03:15 AM)TGates Wrote:
(03-20-2015, 04:51 PM)kini Wrote: I'm sorry for this post but.. I also have this problem.. When i try to open mail.domain.com is opening sentora's login page..

We will release a clean solution for this for once and ever.
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(03-21-2015, 03:15 AM)TGates Wrote:

That's good! But what kind of dns record i need to add for make webmail. for roundcube ?

EDIT:

and always dns manager have this error:

DNS Status for domain: domain.com

[Image: down.png]
Errors detected have prevented your DNS zone from being loaded. Please correct the error(s) listed below. Until these errors are fixed, your DNS will not work.

Please note that changes to your zone records can take up to 24 hours before they become 'live'.

Output of DNS zone checker:

Warning log show this:

20-Mar-2015 21:43:08.975 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
20-Mar-2015 22:43:18.975 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
20-Mar-2015 23:43:28.976 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
21-Mar-2015 00:43:38.977 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
21-Mar-2015 01:43:48.977 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
21-Mar-2015 02:43:58.978 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
21-Mar-2015 03:44:08.979 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
21-Mar-2015 04:44:18.980 general: warning: managed-keys-zone: Unable to fetch DNSKEY set 'dlv.isc.org': timed out
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[split] Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 ogika 2 4 ,259 09-14-2021, 06:25 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Add on Domains not working but Main domain works luckyviet 2 5 ,498 03-18-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: AanaNahum
subdomains live but not working..!! natimctat 2 7 ,518 01-27-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Shabbirhasan