This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PSA: don't use .tk and free options for repo hosting
PSA: don't use .tk and free options for repo hosting
Hey, i've noticed that a lot of people use like .tk domains and 000webhost for hosting their repos and stuff. And while that might work fine (now) it's going to not work later. Freenom (the .tk registrar) deletes inactive domains and so does 000webhost with inactive sites (also they pause them sometimes to force you to get a paid plan). The best way to combat this is to get paid hosting and a domain name from namecheap or something similar and host the repo that way. If you can't, find someone to do it for you (you'll probably find someone). Another way is to upload a .zpp install file to a github repo and allow people to install the module that way via the module manager in your web panel.

ty
- concerned penguin
Thanks given by: TGates
RE: PSA: don't use .tk and free options for repo hosting
Or, you can submit your modules to my repo here: http://zppy-repo.mach-hosting.com
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read theĀ DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Nigel's Repo Nigel 8 4 ,681 07-24-2023, 07:57 AM
Last Post: TGates
Mach-hosting Sentora ZPPY repo information TGates 2 5 ,787 03-30-2022, 09:19 AM
Last Post: TGates
Module Repo Beta Chris L 3 5 ,995 08-13-2021, 02:32 AM