This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory
How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory
Hello everyone, 

I got a doubt to ask. I want to know that apart from FTP access to the respective directory of the domain. Is there any other way like GUI panel from where I can give access to the clients to their respective web directory. As many of my clients belong to Nontechnical background so most of them don't know how to use any FTP clients like Filezilla or WinSCP. 

I was thinking of providing them the web-based Cpanel from where they can only access their web directory through a file manager. Just like other web hosting providers do.

Thank You
Thanks given by:
RE: How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory
You know you asked that on the forum for a free open-source webhosting control panel called Sentora that does exactly that?
Have you looked the the website, the demo etc etc etc?

also check this topic on filebrowsing -> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2076

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
RE: How to give the cliens file manager access to their respective domain directory
(09-21-2019, 07:19 PM)Ron-e Wrote: You know you asked that on the forum for a free open-source webhosting control panel called Sentora that does exactly that?
Have you looked the the website, the demo etc etc etc?

also check this topic on filebrowsing -> http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2076

Thank you for your reply Ron-e. Yes, I have already gone through all these links and demos. I just want to know that how can I give Cpanel like things to a client or a user. I got my portal where I am managing the server and all the website data. I have already installed the ELFile manager from where I can access all the website data which are hosted on the server. But how can I give a file manager access to the user so that he can only manage his website?

Just like a typical Webhosting. The service provider gives a URL from where the user is able to log into the server where his website data is located and from there he manages all the stuff related to the website. Like managing files, database, etc. I only want to provide the file management functionality to the user so that he can upload or manage the files.
Thanks given by:
That's mostly done in the resellers section.

So in short it is:
Make a package in 'Package Manager' (here you can set the restrictions) and then you can say which modules that package can access in 'Module Admin'.
Create a client login with that package in the 'Manage Clients' (set 'Group' on Users) and your done.

The client has his own login and is restricted to his own folder and just can access the modules inside Sentora you said they can access in 'Module Admin'.

Tip: as admin you don't have to log out of your admin account to look in to the client account, just go the the 'Shadowing' option click on the client you want to see and your there. Wink

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by: vsvinit0
(09-24-2019, 01:13 PM)Ron-e Wrote: That's mostly done in the resellers section.

So in short it is:
Make a package in 'Package Manager' (here you can set the restrictions) and then you can say which modules that package can access in 'Module Admin'.
Create a client login with that package in the 'Manage Clients' (set 'Group' on Users) and your done.

The client has his own login and is restricted to his own folder and just can access the modules inside Sentora you said they can access in 'Module Admin'.

Tip: as admin you don't have to log out of your admin account to look in to the client account, just go the the 'Shadowing' option click on the client you want to see and your there. Wink

Thank You Ron-e, for your response. I got your answer I have successfully configured a package and assigned the necessary details to the users. Anyway once again thank you.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
How to set up File Manger for Sentora? donaldaugust 1 3 ,174 01-11-2022, 05:01 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,026 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
SSH Access rsthomas 2 4 ,936 01-06-2021, 12:14 AM
Last Post: rsthomas