This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Database - Change localhost to %localhost%
Database - Change localhost to %localhost%
When creating one of my databases, I've entered localhost as the host. Now there's a need for external connections (i.e. from different servers and IP addresses) to that same database.

Since I was unable to change the host from the Sentora admin panel, I was trying to do that via the root DB access (through sentora_core > x_mysql_users table), but that didn't work - even my original connection failed after that.

How can I  change the host from localhost to %localhost%, short of actually deleting the existing DB and the users, and creating everything anew?

Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but I was unable to find anything relating to this issue
Thanks given by:
RE: Database - Change localhost to %localhost%
I have not tried this before.
You could make a new database with 'any IP' selected and see how it affects the Sentora database. There may also be changes in MySQL itself when the DB is created (In MySQLs information_schema tables).

I did a quick search for Google: mysql allow access from any ip and there are many replies. Some looked easy, others, rather complicated.

This would make a good addition being able to easily switch from local only to specific IP or any IP within the module.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,202 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
MySQL Database user prefix MosleyCale 1 4 ,864 10-17-2020, 09:11 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Critical Error: [0100] - Unable to connect or authenticate to the Sentora database whatshisface77 1 3 ,804 07-31-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: whatshisface77