This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

DNS Stopped Working
DNS Stopped Working
Hi there guys.

Last two days my site started to work unstable with up and downs... the only way I found to make it work is rebooting my server (Linode VPS - Centos 7).

On this server got some docker containers and a website on Sentora's apache. This last website gets sometimes unreachable.

Found out that the Name Servers don't answer pings and so can't query DNS records. Sad

All services seems to be running well by the way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: DNS Stopped Working
(04-29-2019, 01:14 AM)hthiers Wrote: Hi there guys.

Last two days my site started to work unstable with up and downs... the only way I found to make it work is rebooting my server (Linode VPS - Centos 7).

On this server got some docker containers and a website on Sentora's apache. This last website gets sometimes unreachable.

Found out that the Name Servers don't answer pings and so can't query DNS records. Sad

All services seems to be running well by the way.

Is there a firewall blocking port 53 from receiving incoming external requests?

EDIT: I have looked up what I think is your server IP and can see that port 53 is open to the public internet so not a firewall issue. Can you confirm the domain name as there could be several reasons why you are having this issue. The nameservers in your screenshot are both answering pings when I try to ping them.

Keith
Thanks given by:
I don't see anything wrong right now, either.

No indications of what might be wrong found in your logs?

Before rebooting check bind's status

Code:
systemctl status named

does restarting bind resolve the problem?

Code:
systemctl restart named
Thanks given by:
It was memory issues... Seems that system was disabling some services in order to keep system running.

Thanks.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has stopped coming through rsthomas 3 3 ,706 06-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: fearworks
Add on Domains not working but Main domain works luckyviet 2 5 ,423 03-18-2020, 07:38 PM
Last Post: AanaNahum
subdomains live but not working..!! natimctat 2 7 ,451 01-27-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Shabbirhasan