This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

How to add new IPs to installation
How to add new IPs to installation
Hello,
I am running Sentora on a Ubunut 14.04 server.

I have several IP addresses (a class) on this server and I would like to know how can I add it to Sentora so I can allocate different IP addresses to clients (Apache, DNS, Mail)?

Thank you in advance!
Thanks given by:
RE: How to add new IPs to installation
Currently all websites bind to all ip's. so all you have to is mainly point DNS to different Ip's.

Do you want to setup dedicated IP for a website?

I guess you are using OVH?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thank you for the quick answer!
I am running a dedicated server and I want to offer each client their own IP address (to avoid clients suffering from IP SPAM tagging and so on).

I would like to set up NS1 on one of the main server IPs and grant a second one (from the routed class) as NS2, Apache binding to it, mail server, MX and so on.

IP1 -> client1
IP2 -> client2
and so on ...
Thanks given by:
You can't bind IP per client, It's not directly supported.

Best solution you might do in you case install openVZ and totally isolate each client on it's own IP.

Otherwise you assign using DNS for each customer.

Also postfix will usually use main IP for sending, unless you modify it's config manually. So again best solution would be VPS as you seem having the ressources.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your answer.

I will consider it.
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2015, 08:48 PM)Me.B Wrote: You can't bind IP per client, It's not directly supported.

Best solution you might do in you case install openVZ and totally isolate each client on it's own IP.

Otherwise you assign using DNS for each customer.

Also postfix will usually use main IP for sending, unless you modify it's config manually. So again best solution would be VPS as you seem having the ressources.

M B

Hi goog day, im seeing your response, i have a server with several ips, i want to bind my server with my public ip so thast the only one to send mail, actualy is sending form the public ip of my service provider, but i want ti use the ip that is for that purpose
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
New installation script and prefered Ubuntu Version? aliceprince 1 4 ,590 08-27-2019, 12:13 AM
Last Post: TGates
to clone 'sentora' installation to another machine gabriel15959 4 7 ,705 06-19-2019, 06:02 AM
Last Post: Me.B
Move Installation Complete Of Sentora To Other VPS Is Possible? fineleric 1 4 ,893 05-01-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: TGates