This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Setting up my own DNS server(s) with Sentora
Setting up my own DNS server(s) with Sentora
Hello Guys,

I loved ZPANEL. Now I even love Sentora more! Lets make this the best opensource hostingpanel in THA World!

That aside :-)

I see that i can easily manage DNS with Sentora.

Few questions:

1. Is there a way to create a multiserver Sentora (GRID) with at least 2 DNS servers that can sync with eachother? If no please add it to the feature list. (I think ISPConfig already has something like that)
2. How does the DNS repiclication stuff work exactly? Ofcourse with the name registrar i can set other nameservers and aparently that would mean the SOA (Start of Authority) starts with my own DNS servers.. but how are my servers going to replicate the DNS information to all the other servers on the internet? Or is this done automagically by so called DNS caching servers on the internet??
3. Can Sentora also be configured for some users to just show the DNS module? So that we can reseller also just DNS services to our customers?
4. Can we also become a domain registrar and use Sentora to sell these domains? If no --> add it to the feature list :-)
Thanks given by:
RE: Setting up my own DNS server(s) with Sentora
1. yes search the forum. And all rely on configuring a slave DNS.

2. No it's not in sentora search the forum:

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=446

3. No currently.

4. Registrar??? That's a big work. Registrar require more automation tools, for reseller you need too a module to preprocess registration/billing.
We can't add your feature request to our roadmap, seem you are already confused between registrar and reseller!!!!

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2015, 07:59 PM)Me.B Wrote: 1. yes search the forum. And all rely on configuring a slave DNS.

2. No it's not in sentora search the forum:

http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=446

3. No currently.

4. Registrar??? That's a big work. Registrar require more automation tools, for reseller you need too a module to preprocess registration/billing.
We can't add your feature request to our roadmap, seem you are already confused between registrar and reseller!!!!

M B

1. I already say that threath but it does not provide what i want. i do not want to use scripts etc..
DirectAdmin for example has a very simple GUI setup to connect to a secondary server and do zone sharing/transfers.. would not be that hard for you guys to implement so please set it on featurelist.

4... well I could have tried right :-)
Thanks given by:
We don't have that yet may be in the future.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-22-2015, 08:37 PM)Me.B Wrote: We don't have that yet may be in the future.

M B

I should really add this. DirectAdmin has it..

and even this newbie Control Panel called VestaCP (which isnt even at version 1.0.0)

has the option http://vestacp.com/docs/#how-to-setup-dns-cluser
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Redirect all domains but one to a secondary server max783 1 5 ,543 11-30-2021, 04:32 AM
Last Post: Ron-e
Server at home registered with GoDaddy not working Mustang351cca 3 9 ,639 02-14-2018, 03:46 PM
Last Post: TGates
Cloudflare issue with sentora testing 3 10 ,444 11-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Last Post: Me.B