This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Updating PHP
Updating PHP
Updating PHP

Hello,

I've been using sentora 1.0.3 for almost three years. As recently, we almost all understood that Zpanel's so-functional and tacit successor remains unsupported. I want to ask, realizing that I do it at my own risk, how can the PHP version up to 7 be updated? At the moment, I've only been able to upgrade to 5.6 via an extension to choose a version against the domain. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Updating PHP
(01-20-2019, 04:37 AM)georgi_arsoff Wrote: Updating PHP

Hello,

I've been using sentora 1.0.3 for almost three years. As recently, we almost all understood that Zpanel's so-functional and tacit successor remains unsupported. I want to ask, realizing that I do it at my own risk, how can the PHP version up to 7 be updated? At the moment, I've only been able to upgrade to 5.6 via an extension to choose a version against the domain. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. Thanks!

I guess the first question to ask you is which extension are you using to allow you to choose a PHP version? I am experimenting with Sentora on PHP 7 and would like to help you, and if I can integrate something with the extension you use then even better. 

If not, do you have access to log into the server and run commands, edit files etc.?

Keith
Thanks given by:
Hello,

Using PHP Versions from TEC-Dynamics L.T.D. , this is the only way to use a newer version of PHP for now.

[Image: NO6NZCi.jpg]
[Image: I3V6xFB.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(01-20-2019, 04:49 PM)georgi_arsoff Wrote: Hello,

Using PHP Versions from TEC-Dynamics L.T.D. , this is the only way to use a newer version of PHP for now.

[Image: NO6NZCi.jpg]
[Image: I3V6xFB.jpg]

It looks like that module is no longer available - and I'm not so sure that it implemented security and protection properly (suhosin etc.)? It would probably be better to look at upgrading PHP to version 7 using direct server access - as long as you can do this, and that you understand that PHP 7 is not officially supported or recommended by the Sentora developers at this stage.

Keith
Thanks given by:
Yes, i have access to server and i understand. How to do it?
(01-21-2019, 04:10 AM)fearworks Wrote: It looks like that module is no longer available - and I'm not so sure that it implemented security and protection properly (suhosin etc.)? It would probably be better to look at upgrading PHP to version 7 using direct server access - as long as you can do this, and that you understand that PHP 7 is not officially supported or recommended by the Sentora developers at this stage.

Keith

Изпратено от моят POCOPHONE F1 с помощта на Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(01-21-2019, 04:18 AM)georgi_arsoff Wrote: Yes, i have access to server and i understand. How to do it?

I am still testing my implementation so am not ready to give out details just yet, but you need to know that I am talking about installing a replacement version of PHP, not adding another one that you can choose from. This means that, on an unmodified server, the installation of PHP 5 is no longer used by any part of Sentora.

Also, I have no idea how this module has modified your server but from the thread I have read about this module (here: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2808) there is a change implemented that alters how PHP communicates with Apache (it alters Apache to use mod_fastcgi I believe?), and I'm afraid I cannot tell you how to do the equivalent with PHP 7 once you have it installed.

So that means I can share with you how I have upgraded PHP on my server from 5 to 7, which affects ALL of Sentora and ALL vhosts, but as the module is no longer available, and is unsopported/insecure, I would not want to pursue modifying any of the code that comes with that.

Keith.
Thanks given by:
(01-21-2019, 04:31 AM)fearworks Wrote: I am still testing my implementation so am not ready to give out details just yet, but you need to know that I am talking about installing a replacement version of PHP, not adding another one that you can choose from. This means that, on an unmodified server, the installation of PHP 5 is no longer used by any part of Sentora.

Also, I have no idea how this module has modified your server but from the thread I have read about this module (here: http://forums.sentora.org/showthread.php?tid=2808) there is a change implemented that alters how PHP communicates with Apache (it alters Apache to use mod_fastcgi I believe?), and I'm afraid I cannot tell you how to do the equivalent with PHP 7 once you have it installed.

So that means I can share with you how I have upgraded PHP on my server from 5 to 7, which affects ALL of Sentora and ALL vhosts, but as the module is no longer available, and is unsopported/insecure, I would not want to pursue modifying any of the code that comes with that.

Keith.
Ok, share please.

(01-21-2019, 04:32 AM)georgi_arsoff Wrote: Ok, share please.

The extension can be removed, and it also has an impact when I set it for a particular directory or domain, it does not change anything in the other time. Share How To Become? He had a spare back.

Thanks given by:
(01-21-2019, 04:32 AM)georgi_arsoff Wrote: Ok, share please.

The extension can be removed, and it also has an impact when I set it for a particular directory or domain, it does not change anything in the other time. Share How To Become? He had a spare back.

I will share as soon as I have finished my testing - not quite ready but keep a look out and I will try to post it soon.

Keith.
Thanks given by: wormsunited
fearworks, check if you have an WordPress page, when you try to upload a plugin or theme, if it works.
Because one of the problems of php7 installation is that messes with your upload folder permissions.
Thanks given by:
(02-02-2019, 12:38 AM)ngeluis@gmail.com Wrote: fearworks, check if you have an WordPress page, when you try to upload a plugin or theme, if it works.
Because one of the problems of php7 installation is that messes with your upload folder permissions.

I will try it on one of my test servers and see if I have any issues.

Keith.

(02-02-2019, 12:38 AM)ngeluis@gmail.com Wrote: fearworks, check if you have an WordPress page, when you try to upload a plugin or theme, if it works.

Ok, I just tried it. No issues at all, all works perfectly. So if you've tried it and had issues then I guess that's some sort of config issue on your server or PHP ini file...?

Best thing about PHP 7, apart from better security (or whatever they put in it!) is that it's so much faster than PHP 5 for things like WordPress Smile

Keith
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Site Not Updating changes made in The HTML file me7leelee 4 7 ,967 05-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: 5050
Uploaded Website Not Updating GiantEspresso 3 6 ,780 04-19-2020, 09:57 PM
Last Post: Ron-e
Webpage not updating after I upload new files Zreddx 2 5 ,858 04-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Last Post: TGates