This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

spamassassin and clamAV install
spamassassin and clamAV install
I was wondering if there's anything special that needs to be done to get spamassassin and/or clamav to work with sentora's email system before I go installing (and potentially breaking) anything?
Thanks given by:
RE: spamassassin and clamAV install
nothing special but you need to have enough RAM for that and take care for notre breaking postfix.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: skpacman
RE: spamassassin and clamAV install
Thanks, M B. I asked the company I rent my VPS from about it and they said it should be fine to add spamassassin with my current setup but ClamAV would be a bit too much. So I've done that. I would need to purchase a VPS with more ram to get ClamAV to run without stalling.

For future reference, I followed the (albeit a bit old) instructions at DigitalOcean to install spamassassin, adjusting key pieces to match Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and current installation scripts.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Can't get SpamAssassin working?! SidedTech 1 5 ,161 07-03-2016, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Untouchable
fresh install = not working email :( nickthevoice 8 24 ,587 11-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Cantalupo