This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

MySQL Installation Error
MySQL Installation Error
Update: My Host kills webalizer for some reason, I spent about an hour editing the installer, and now it works! If you're having the same error, I put the installer up for download.

Hello,
My name is Dylan and I am new to the forums Big Grin. I have recently wanted to install Sentora, but I keep coming across the same error. The Error is below.
Code:
/dev/fd/63: line 235:   665 Terminated              yum -y install ld-linux.so.2 libbz2.so.1 libdb-4.7.so libgd.so.2 httpd php php-suhosin php-devel php-gd php-mbstring php-mcrypt php-intl php-imap php-mysql php-xml php-xmlrpc curl curl-devel perl-libwww-perl libxml2 libxml2-devel mysql-server zip webalizer gcc gcc-c++ httpd-devel at make mysql-devel bzip2-devel postfix postfix-perl-scripts bash-completion dovecot dovecot-mysql dovecot-pigeonhole mysql-server proftpd proftpd-mysql bind bind-utils bind-libs
/dev/fd/63: line 269: cc: command not found
chown: cannot access `/etc/zpanel/panel/bin/zsudo': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/etc/zpanel/panel/bin/zsudo': No such file or directory
mysqld: unrecognized service
/dev/fd/63: line 282: mysqladmin: command not found
enter your root mysql password :
I am running a Clean Install of CentOS 6.4 I believe. I am using this command to install Sentora:
Code:
bash <(curl -LSs https://raw.github.com/Sentora/installers/master/install/CentOS-6_4/install.sh)
Please help, I've been trying to install this all day Huh

Thanks in advance!
- Dylan

Attached Files
.zip   Modified Installer.zip (Size: 7.79 KB / Downloads: 1)
Thanks given by:
RE: MySQL Installation Error
Since Sentora is not yet released, the files on github are development snap shots and we are still working on fixing things up Wink

But, this should help you out: http://www.ducea.com/2009/02/18/linux-ti...directory/
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 02:11 AM)TGates Wrote: Since Sentora is not yet released, the files on github are development snap shots and we are still working on fixing things up Wink

But, this should help you out: http://www.ducea.com/2009/02/18/linux-ti...directory/
Yes, but I have also tried installing zPanel (which is a lot more stable.), and still get the same error. I also looked at that website you gave me, and when running that command It doesn't work, I get this in reply.
Code:
[root@server ~]# ln -s /proc/self/fd /dev/fd
ln: creating symbolic link `/dev/fd/fd': No such file or directory
Thanks given by:
I don't know then, I myself am just learning Linux stuff. Hopefully somebody else will pop in and hook you up.

And TBH, ZPanel is not more stable since Sentora has/is getting all the bugs ZPanel had all worked out Wink
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by: Dylan3304
(08-11-2014, 05:55 AM)TGates Wrote: I don't know then, I myself am just learning Linux stuff. Hopefully somebody else will pop in and hook you up.

And TBH, ZPanel is not more stable since Sentora has/is getting all the bugs ZPanel had all worked out Wink
Thanks For Trying. I'll contact one of the devs.
Thanks given by:
Hi,

Seem there is limitation in your vps distribution here that prenvent a lot of install work like symbolic link creations and some paths not as standard centos. Who is your provider?

I don't have problem installing zpanel that way and should not over sentora but the problem some hosting company have customized os images.

M B
Thanks given by:
(08-11-2014, 07:53 PM)Me.B Wrote: Hi,

Seem there is limitation in your vps distribution here that prenvent a lot of install work like symbolic link creations and some paths not as standard centos. Who is your provider?

I don't have problem installing zpanel that way and should not over sentora but the problem some hosting company have customized os images.

M B

I use vpsdime.com. I'll ask them to set me up a non-customized image.
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2014, 02:18 AM)Dylan3304 Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 07:53 PM)Me.B Wrote: Hi,

M B

I use vpsdime.com. I'll ask them to set me up a non-customized image.

Hmm... Still no luck.
Thanks given by:
What are the exact errors you were getting buddy.
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(08-13-2014, 01:50 AM)Me.B Wrote: What are the exact errors you were getting buddy.
Thanks For The Help! Please read my post update! I Heart Sentora!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Repo update error hostingms 3 5 ,240 02-14-2024, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
apt-get install mod_ssl ERROR CMs222 9 25 ,392 11-11-2022, 09:14 PM
Last Post: zustudios
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,097 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp