This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

PhpMyAdmin
RE: PhpMyAdmin
(12-16-2018, 06:31 PM)fearworks Wrote: Are you sure the port is open and the service is running?

Your IP address is 159.89.226.3. If you check this site:

https://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

and enter your IP address and port 21, it says it is closed. Your other common ports seem to be open but not 21, so there's either nothing answering on port 21, or it can't answer because it is blocked. Are you sure you're running Ubuntu? Are you sure ProFTPD is running?

The DNS isn't the issue.

Keith

thank you so much!. yes i'm running ubuntu.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(12-17-2018, 03:24 AM)MadDog Wrote: thank you so much!. yes i'm running ubuntu.

I see you managed to open port 21 - what was the problem and how did you fix it, for the benefit of others reading this thread?

Keith.
Thanks given by:
So i'm going to switch to CentOS

(12-17-2018, 03:29 AM)fearworks Wrote: I see you managed to open port 21 - what was the problem and how did you fix it, for the benefit of others reading this thread?

Keith.

well my UFW firewall was blocking port 21, but just so everyone know's if you don't set up sub domain before doing the install for Sentora the control pannel with be on the main domain.

(12-17-2018, 03:33 AM)MadDog Wrote: So i'm going to switch to CentOS

well my UFW firewall was blocking port 21, but just so everyone know's if you don't set up sub domain before doing the install for Sentora the control pannel with be on the main domain.

but even with me having a sub domain it still wouldn't detect the subdomain.

so i have a sub domain. i made it way before i even started the install on the CentOS 6.9, but it's giving me that it's not there.

Thanks given by:
nvm i got it fixed Smile
had to wait for DNS to update fully

Now i get a issue. When i tell Sentora to create a Main directory with FTP it does not. ALSO the sentora Panel is showing up on the SubDomain and Main Domain.

Is there any fix's for these issues?

(12-17-2018, 08:25 AM)MadDog Wrote: nvm i got it fixed Smile

Now i get a issue. When i tell Sentora to create a Main directory with FTP it does not. ALSO the sentora Panel is showing up on the SubDomain and Main Domain.

Is there any fix's  for these issues?

Like the Sentora Panel should NOT be on the Main Domain. i attached screenshots.

Thanks given by:
(12-17-2018, 08:25 AM)MadDog Wrote: nvm i got it fixed Smile

Is there any fix's  for these issues?

Like the Sentora Panel should NOT be on the Main Domain. i attached screenshots.

I've replied to your PM, but can we either keep the conversation there or move it to here so it isn't happening in two places?

Here would be better as it would help others in the future.

Your question about FTP confuses me too, as "create a Main directory" is not an option. In the FTP module the options are:

Code:
Create a new home directory 
Set Master home directory 
Use Domain directory 

Which do you mean is not working?

Keith
Thanks given by:
When installed Sentora. i linked it to sub domain panel.oldschoolspacempire.tk. It says sub domain Status OK DNS checked out. 

Then if i got to www.oldschoolspaceempire.tk it shows me the Sentora Panel. Which it shouldn't. 
So then i thaught maybe it was because i didn't put the domain inside the panel.

So i did that. and when it tried to make a File Location area the Screenshot Below is what happened. /_errorlog

Thanks given by:
(12-17-2018, 10:18 AM)fearworks Wrote: I've replied to your PM, but can we either keep the conversation there or move it to here so it isn't happening in two places?

Here would be better as it would help others in the future.

Your question about FTP confuses me too, as "create a Main directory" is not an option. In the FTP module the options are:

Code:
Create a new home directory 
Set Master home directory 
Use Domain directory 

Which do you mean is not working?

Keith

So your other question about the domain/sub-domain issue...

If you installed Sentora and specified the sub-domain when installing, then this is correct. Your DNS settings will send the main domain.com to your panel, as well as panel.domain.com, because you have both pointing to the server IP. If you add a vhost - that is, a domain - to Sentora to create a site with the main domain.com, it should start answering domain.com and www.domain.com with the Sentora site, not the panel.

Is that how you have it set up, and what you are saying is not working?

Keith.
Thanks given by:
(12-17-2018, 10:27 AM)fearworks Wrote: So your other question about the domain/sub-domain issue...

If you installed Sentora and specified the sub-domain when installing, then this is correct. Your DNS settings will send the main domain.com to your panel, as well as panel.domain.com, because you have both pointing to the server IP. If you add a vhost - that is, a domain - to Sentora to create a site with the main domain.com, it should start answering domain.com and www.domain.com with the Sentora site, not the panel.

Is that how you have it set up, and what you are saying is not working?

Keith.

i don't believe you looked at my attached file. it says _errorpages. it don't even show the directory that i wanted made.
How do i set up a virtual host in CentOS 6.9 or do i do that using the panel because when i used the panel it only shows _errorpages

(12-17-2018, 10:37 AM)MadDog Wrote: i don't believe you looked at my attached file. it says _errorpages. it don't even show the directory that i wanted made.
How do i set up a virtual host in CentOS 6.9 or do i do that using the panel because when i used the panel it only shows _errorpages

Thanks given by:
not i believe i got it all running now. Uploaded the Website files now. I pre check the Domain after making a virtual host and sure enough. it's reading the files.
If anyone is using DigitalOcean Cloud VPS and you're using CentOS 6.9 just remember the following steps.
Step 1: make a droplet (They start at 5$)
Step 2: Make a Domain Name. you can get a free one at http://Freenom.com
Step 3: Set up DNS for the Domain in the DNS Section under domains at digitalocean
Step 4: Create a Sub Domain for you're Sentora Panel (Please wait 2 to 4 hours for DNS to Register before Installing Sentora)
step 5: Install Sentora
Step 6: Log into the panel. (I would go to this and use the Code line under ROOT and change the password for panel) http://docs.sentora.org/?node=43
Step 7: After Logging into the Panel. Log into phpmyadmin and save the password (For Just in Case Purposes)
Step 8: Create you're domain in the Domain Section of Sentora
Step 9: Go to https://www.digitalocean.com/community/t...n-centos-6 and set up a virtual host
Step 10: make a FTP and a Database
Step 11: Connect through FTP and upload website files.

At this point you should be ready and good to go with you're website. Smile Enjoy.
Thanks given by:
Everything seems to be working fine now.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
[split] Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 ogika 2 4 ,125 09-14-2021, 06:25 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Upgrading phpmyadmin testing 0 2 ,036 07-04-2020, 05:26 AM
Last Post: testing
Can Not Log Into PHPMyAdmin or Webmail after upgrading to PHP 7.1.24 King0321 7 13 ,909 12-03-2018, 07:01 AM
Last Post: worksmarter