This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

I can receive, but not send email.
RE: I can receive, but not send email.
I appreciate the help, but i don't feel that starting fresh every time is the right answer. 

I fixed it a bit ago, something caused the passwords in the passwords.txt and all the various config files in /etc/sentora/configs/dovecot folder to not match. Either the passwords.txt changed or all the configs changed. Maybe dovecot got installed over and the configs got replaced. 

Anyway, now i can launch the webmail and log in and i can receive mail, but not send. 
My ISP is blocking 25.

Upgrading to a business plan with a static ip and 25 unblocked. Hopefully it resolves that issue.
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2018, 11:38 AM)x17Andrew71x Wrote: I appreciate the help, but i don't feel that starting fresh every time is the right answer. 

I fixed it a bit ago, something caused the passwords in the passwords.txt and all the various config files in /etc/sentora/configs/dovecot folder to not match. Either the passwords.txt changed or all the configs changed. Maybe dovecot got installed over and the configs got replaced. 

Anyway, now i can launch the webmail and log in and i can receive mail, but not send. 
My ISP is blocking 25.

Upgrading to a business plan with a static ip and 25 unblocked. Hopefully it resolves that issue.

I am not sure you understand quite how Sentora is working, and I don't see how dovecot would "maybe" get installed over without you doing something to make that happen, but if you are happy to keep chipping away at issues when they arise on your server then so be it.

It's not a strategy I would use or recommend, but good luck!

Keith.
Thanks given by:
Quote:I am not sure you understand quite how Sentora is working, and I don't see how dovecot would "maybe" get installed over without you doing something to make that happen, but if you are happy to keep chipping away at issues when they arise on your server then so be it.

It's not a strategy I would use or recommend, but good luck!
I don't claim to be a Sentora expert, but i do know a little bit. I was messing with other mail systems, its very possible it overwrote dovecot/postfix accidentally. 
This is not a production environment. So "chipping away" at issues is a fantastic way to learn and get better with the system, both OS and cpanel. 
Wiping your server any time an issue comes up is not a strategy i would recommend. In fact, in a production environment I would say it isn't a very viable solution either.
To be able to learn how to resolve these issues is important for any server admin. The ability to troubleshoot problems and find solutions is an important skill to have.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Email has suddenly stopped coming through rsthomas 4 4 ,679 10-12-2022, 09:29 PM
Last Post: rsthomas
Why can i not send emails from my site phabeon8 3 6 ,381 04-20-2021, 06:29 AM
Last Post: sparkrack
Webmail Send / Receive works but Outlook doesn't | Digital Ocean dipakcg 12 33 ,856 04-17-2020, 04:52 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90