This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Unable to receive emails
Unable to receive emails
Hey!

I am really noob at this, but before creating the thread I've searched everywhere and found no answer, I'm going crazy hover this... So...

I've created an email on Sentora v1.0.3, all fine, I can access it over round cube and send emails. But for some reason I can't receive any! Checking the logs it shows the following error:
Code:
pipe: fatal: pipe_command: execvp /dovecot/deliver: No such file or directory
(After a while I also receive an email on the senders email saying that the email was not sent and shows the same error.)

As I said, I've searched everywhere and haven't found any answers, I've found some similar problems, but nothing like this.

If I reinstall postfix, dovenet or even reinstall the complete Sentora, does anyone think it will fix it?

Thank you!
Thanks given by:
RE: Unable to receive emails
did you install TLS on email server or such ?

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I have no idea... I'm using the SSL and the DNS service from Cloudfare, here's my Records entry. As I said, I'm really a noob at this, so I don't really know exactly what TLS is...

[Image: h9uING1.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-30-2018, 12:29 AM)ORiOn Wrote: I have no idea... I'm using the SSL and the DNS service from Cloudfare, here's my Records entry. As I said, I'm really a noob at this, so I don't really know exactly what TLS is...

[Image: h9uING1.png]

Well as for TLS: It means Transport Layer Security, is just an updated, more secure, version of SSL. We still refer to our security certificates as SSL because it is a more commonly used term.

Do you have TLS activated under your Sentora Configuration? Did you try not to activate TLS? Under the module Sentora Config search for: SMTP AUTH METHOD. Try to set to False if you have it activated and test your email account, that sould fix it, take notice that your DNS changes may vary and take 72 hours to take affect. Hit save and after that Full Deamon Reset should do the trick.
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:
The SMTP AUTCH METHOD is set to false already.

But I think it is working now, as the error on the log said, the file was not found or accessible. So, after a longgg time looking trough the files and the configs of postfix, i found out that the directory on the config file was not set correctly, I changed it to the correct one, and it is now working.

Unfortunately every email that I send to my @live.com and @gmail account goes to the spam folder. I've checked my email and ip and it's not on any blocked list... Sad
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2018, 12:22 AM)ORiOn Wrote: The SMTP AUTCH METHOD is set to false already.

But I think it is working now, as the error on the log said, the file was not found or accessible. So, after a longgg time looking trough the files and the configs of postfix, i found out that the directory on the config file was not set correctly, I changed it to the correct one, and it is now working.

Unfortunately every email that I send to my @live.com and @gmail account goes to the spam folder. I've checked my email and ip and it's not on any blocked list... Sad

Hi,

You could use this service to test your email setup and see a report on any issues:

http://www.mail-tester.com/

Ideally you want a 10/10 score!

Keith
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2018, 12:54 AM)fearworks Wrote: Hi,

You could use this service to test your email setup and see a report on any issues:

http://www.mail-tester.com/

Ideally you want a 10/10 score!

Keith

This is what I get on mail-tester.com.. Sad
I really don't understand the mx records and I was sure something was wrong with them... But what, I have no idea...

[Image: Ci83Jkk.png]

I corrected the errors related to the records, it misses the DKIM signature, how do I add that?
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2018, 09:26 PM)ORiOn Wrote: This is what I get on mail-tester.com.. Sad
I really don't understand the mx records and I was sure something was wrong with them... But what, I have no idea...

[Image: Ci83Jkk.png]

I corrected the errors related to the records, it misses the DKIM signature, how do I add that?

Are you sure you've corrected all of the other errors apart from the DKIM one? There seems to be quite a bit going on that would probably cause your emails to fail - maybe test it again now you've sorted record issues and post another screenshot of the results?

Also, what the above info doesn't necessarily make clear is whether your server is connecting using SSL/TLS or a non-secure connection, and whether you have this all set up. This is now a requirement (IIRC) for services like Gmail- if your server sends an email to a gmail.com address, Google will not like it if your server doesn't connect via SSL/TLS. I might be a bit wrong in saying it's a requirement right now and I think Google still allows non-secure connections but I'm sure they are working towards allowing only completely secure connections eventually. You might want to visit https://ssl-tools.net/ and use the "Mail servers test" to find out more about whether you've got SSL/TLS set up correctly, etc.

Setting up a mail server is easy with Sentora, but setting it up correctly and tweaking it to get all the necessary things in place, like SPF, DKIM, SpamAssassin, ClamAV, etc. is a different thing altogether and isn't for the faint-hearted!

So, how to set up DKIM... now, there's a question! It is very complicated, and involves adding new DNS records as well as configuring something like OpenDKIM on your server.

Unless you really, really know what you're doing, it's possibly better to leave it alone. DKIM isn't currently a requirement and quite a few mail services still don't implement it.
Thanks given by:
I think my main problem is with rDNS, I get this error on mail-tester.com
[Image: vnxMWgr.jpg]

And on ssl-tools.net:
[Image: QuiXwHP.png]

I have no idea what to do...
Thanks given by:
Ask your hosting provider to make a Reverse DNS. Make them that request and that error might be over.
'' Life is full of important choices ''
Help Sentora Donate now => http://sentora.org/donate Blush
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Critical Error: [0100] - Unable to connect or authenticate to the Sentora database whatshisface77 1 3 ,806 07-31-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: whatshisface77
unable to install wordpress or joomla using sentastico king4m 1 5 ,402 04-10-2020, 07:55 AM
Last Post: TGates
Unable to login Getting Application Error: [0204] king4m 0 2 ,627 04-02-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: king4m