This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Error SMTP (450). Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Error SMTP (450). Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
Good morning to all,

My problem is the following:

I have two A and B domains configured in my Sentora panel, although the MX record of domain B points to another IP (the mailboxes are in another domain provider)

The domain A that has the full panel (web, dns, mail, etc.) is not able to send emails to mailboxes in domain B.

The error that shows me:
SMTP error (450): It was not possible to establish recipient "david.fernandez@xxx.com" (4.1.1 <david.fernandez@xxx.com>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table).

I understand that I can not send emails because the mailboxes of domain B do not exist in my Sentora panel, but they exist in my other domain provider and apart the MX records point to another server.

How can I fix this so that my domain A can send emails to another domain B with the mailboxes in another site?

I do not know how to solve this ... I need help please!

Thank you very much!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
RE: Error SMTP (450). Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
I saw this error before. It was present when I configured one domain on Sentora panel but your MX records are pointing to an external mail service and try to send an email from one sentora server mail to the other domain configured to an external mail server. Then you receive this behavior. Maybe one of our experimented Sentora developers can help you.
Sorry for my bad english, I'm just a enthusiastic learner. Smile
Thanks given by:
RE: Error SMTP (450). Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table
(09-01-2018, 02:15 AM)Sonichaos Wrote: I saw this error before. It was present when you I configured one domain on Sentora panel but your MX records are pointing to an external mail service and try to send an email from one sentora server mail to the other domain configured to an external mail server. Then you receive this behavior. Maybe one of our experimented Sentora developers can help you.

Hi,

I am not one of the experienced Sentora developers but I have been looking into this and I believe the problem is something to do with this:

You have domain1.com and domain2.com configured on your server.

You use the webmail on your server to send an email from account@domain1.com to account@domain2.com. Now, even though you have MX records for domain2.com set to direct mail to an external third-party server, your own Sentora server (or more specifically Postfix, I think) resolves domain2.com locally to itself, because it sees that it is a domain you have configured on your server. In my testing, this DOES NOT happen if you have only added the domain and have NEVER added ANY mailboxes using that domain (domain2.com). The moment you add a mailbox using domain2.com, is the moment postfix starts looking for it locally. Even if you then subsequently delete the mailboxes, Postfix retains the domain info and keeps trying to resolve it locally.

This may all be incorrect, so forgive me if I am wrong, but is what I have found so far. Is it possible that you guys have added mailboxes for domain2.com in the past to your servers, OR are you sure you have ONLY ever added the domain for domain2.com and NEVER touched the mailbox/alias/forwarders etc. section?

Keith
Thanks given by:
Hi again,

I solved my problem:
Inside the database 'sentora_postfix' in the table 'domain' I deleted the domain which I have configured in my hosting but the MX records are in another server

Thanks anyway.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,409 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars
suhosin.session.encrypt error With Https MET4LG0D 7 28 ,254 04-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Dovecot Error Help Please! Feilding Weather 2 7 ,566 03-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Last Post: TGates