This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

SMTP Error (535): Authentication failed.
SMTP Error (535): Authentication failed.
I get this error when i try sending mail from Roundcube. I have port 25 open and SMTP services enabled on my VPS.

I have configured and installed postfix, sendmail and csf.

I was asked to locate main.inc.php config file of roundcube package and make certain changes but I cant seem to locate this.

Anyone able to help?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
RE: SMTP Error (535): Authentication failed.
(02-13-2015, 10:06 PM)lordmalcolm Wrote: I have configured and installed postfix, sendmail and csf.

You mean you messed up sentora setup that way? Explain what you did EXACTLY step by step as this is what messed up your config.

Why installing sendmail? We have postfix there! And why installing postfix? It's already installed and setup by default by installer?

Provide more informations and details.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-13-2015, 11:32 PM)Me.B Wrote:
(02-13-2015, 10:06 PM)lordmalcolm Wrote: I have configured and installed postfix, sendmail and csf.

You mean you messed up sentora setup that way? Explain what you did EXACTLY step by step as this is what messed up your config.

Why installing sendmail? We have postfix there!  And why installing postfix? It's already installed and setup by default by installer?

Provide more informations and details.

M B

Hi..on default server installation I noticed that smtp port 25 was closed. it only became open when I installed csf.

Are u suggesting I remove the postfix/sendmail installation ?
Thanks given by:
SMTP port 25 is open by default! You must have a custom setting here...

Use the standard recommended config: MINIMAL CENTOS install and don't add sendmail or postfix in any way.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Well now that I have installed postfix and sendmail what are you suggesting? I told you port 25 was closed on default
Thanks given by:
If it's on non production server i think you should reinstall Sentora again from minimal server and test all this !

installing sendmail just messed up the Postfix dovecot config of Sentora !
Thanks given by:
(02-14-2015, 12:50 AM)lordmalcolm Wrote: Well now that I have installed postfix and sendmail what are you suggesting? I told you port 25 was closed on default

You must be WRONG as postfix is installed by sentora. and you SHOULD NOT install SENDMAIL! all the required stack is installed by sentora it self. I'm quite sure you have some custom install or failed install. Check again logs/services running.

You didn't even expose the OS you use and kind of setup? VPS? Vmware?

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
user: 'postfix' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets) cezars 0 2 ,434 02-01-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: cezars
suhosin.session.encrypt error With Https MET4LG0D 7 28 ,402 04-05-2020, 09:38 PM
Last Post: iraqiboy90
Dovecot Error Help Please! Feilding Weather 2 7 ,632 03-14-2020, 08:36 AM
Last Post: TGates