This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Replace default MTA with Citadel?
Replace default MTA with Citadel?
If I wanted to replace the current MTA (postfix, dovecot?) with Citadel, how would I go about doing it?

Citadel (usually) automagically detects current MTA's and uninstalls them then installs itself but last time it tried, it broke pretty much everything to do with email and I had to remove citadel and reinstall postfix and dovecot.

Any ideas?
Thanks given by:
RE: Replace default MTA with Citadel?
Hi,

1. If you do so 99% sure you won't any more be able to manage email users thru sentora.

2. Go & ask citadel developers/community as we don't know that product neither we support such modification. We support sentora standard stack.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: skpacman
Thanks for the reply. Just thought I'd ask.
Thanks given by:
You arte welcome... I would see more adding iredmail stack as it uses almost the same MTA as sentora panel rather than Citadel that has it's own package.

We plan to beef up more email stack in next release but it's not an easy task & require a lot of time/testing.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by: skpacman