This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Notice box potential
Notice box potential
Hi,

Can you provide us with info about Notice box, how to insert text in it.
We need to comunicate with clients on cloud using Sentora template through Notice box.
Is there a safe way to use Notice box, so I can provide a info within by myself ?

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks given by:
RE: Notice box potential
You mean the "Client Notice Manager"?

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2015, 11:39 PM)Ron-e Wrote: You mean the "Client Notice Manager"?

Yes, sorry for i wasn't so clear.
What we need is a way to change this notice box text from let's say database or directly from file.
Well i found some file in cache that hold this text ( etc/tmp/storage/Sentora_Default/6a992d5529f459a44fee58c733255e86.cache ) but i'm sure there is a better way for changeing this.

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks given by:
Cache URL will be random! It won't help you modifying it.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-20-2015, 01:26 AM)StefanMNS Wrote: What we need is a way to change this notice box text from let's say database or directly from file.
I do not really get what you want, what purpose does this have?

So just a alert messages which gets his info from a file or directly from database?
Like the "Welcome to the unofficial Sentora Demo of Ron-e!" message on my demo?
If you want this there is an easier way then rebuilding the "Client Notice Manager".

My Sentora DemoMy GithubAuxio Github
Zentora themeS-Type themeCstyleX theme
flat-color-iconssmall-n-flat-icons

Sentora's development takes way too long, so i'm transitioning to HestiaCP.
Thanks given by:
Let's say you got a 100 of VPS with 100 of clients, it would be nice if you can send them some message through Notice Box. But you don't wanna login into every machines Sentora panel.

What i need is the way that i can useing some automated tool ( fabric, puppet etc.) insert new text message for every client/user to see when he/she log in.

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks given by:
Write a message in the module Client Notice Manager and all the customers who will enter the control panel under your account will see this message.
Thanks given by:
I think he is looking for a script of some sort that will update the client notice on multiple servers with the same info as server 1 (for example). As explained, currently you would have to log into each server to update the client notice manager. Basically a global client manager.

To answer your question StefanMNS, currently there is no such script.

Running through it in my head right now, it should be very simple to create.

1. Create new Client Notice
  2. Parse list of all of your mysql servers and connection info
  3. Connect server 1 => UPDATE x_accounts ac_notice_tx WHERE ac_reseller_fk = 'n'; (n = reseller user ID #)
  4. Connect server 2 => UPDATE x_accounts ac_notice_tx WHERE ac_reseller_fk = 'n'; (n = reseller user ID #)
  5. Connect server 3 => UPDATE x_accounts ac_notice_tx WHERE ac_reseller_fk = 'n'; (n = reseller user ID #)
  6. ---repeat until end of server list---
This would be a very useful admin module.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
TGates, exactly.
Thanks for clearing this out.

Well, update of database is what i was needed so you basically give me answer for everything !
Sorry for beeing so lame and write a post insted of get along better with database structure, got so little time lately Smile

Well cronjob will do the work i guess.

Regards,
Stefan
Thanks given by:
Yes, you could set a cron job to read from your main Sentora database then replicate it on the others Wink
You won't even need to do a thing.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Disabling warning and notice logging in /var/sentora/logs/domains/* JSmith 0 2 ,460 01-02-2021, 07:50 PM
Last Post: JSmith
Client Notice Manager wormsunited 8 17 ,681 07-12-2016, 04:06 AM
Last Post: TGates
Client Notice Manager - TinyMCE Fuzzy 3 9 ,030 10-08-2015, 05:34 AM
Last Post: Fuzzy