This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WordPress 4.1 on Sentora issue
RE: WordPress 4.1 on Sentora issue
(02-11-2015, 11:55 PM)TGates Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 10:19 PM)EXHDS Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 05:15 AM)Me.B Wrote: So what about we google "unable to add more menu items in wordpress"

I end up with:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/menu...menu-items
http://siteber.com/how-to-fix-cant-add-m...wordpress/

and solution would be to modify php.ini and add:

max_input_vars = 2000

Hello Me.B,
I am also using Centos 6.5 and i do have the same problems as ayoun67
if you like i could PM you my details for you to see for yourself ?
I tried the "max_input_vars = 2000" but it did not make any difference.

Also the Links you gave are for adding more menus than you would normally use, mine is a fresh install with only 3 menu items.

Paul

Just a quick question/note: You did restart apache right? Tongue

Hello TGates, well I did do a shutdown - r now so I presume it would restart everything.

Paul
Thanks given by:
I must also check if suhosin can fix IT. I need user willing to test solution. So we can find the right SOLUTION.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
(02-07-2015, 01:38 PM)ayoun67 Wrote: Im running WordPress 4.1 on the full release mostly seems to be working fine except it wont let me modify my menu anyone experiencing something similar

Regards
ayoun67

Need Help Plz!
Same Problems Sad
Thanks given by: jibswizard
You can PM me so we can try solutions to solve it.

I would try private testing before.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
I have same problems now the only way to fix that is run a local version on you pc and do every things on it after done everything and upload to your web host.
I think they will need some time to fixed that problems
Thanks given by: jibswizard
(02-12-2015, 06:58 PM)Me.B Wrote: You can PM me so we can try solutions to solve it.

I would try private testing before.

M B

Hey Guy!
i have sent you an account wordpress demo of mine so plz try on it and try to have us Thaks Smile
Thanks given by:
I'm trying my best to look into this. I've even spotted a customer with the issue and replicated his website on zpanel to compare if issue still there ( centos 6 VS centos 7) and trying different mixes. I need to dig more logs to locate it.

Will reply on all PM
How to ask

Thanks given by:
(02-13-2015, 07:16 PM)Me.B Wrote: I'm trying my best to look into this. I've even spotted a customer with the issue and replicated his website on zpanel to compare if issue still there ( centos 6 VS centos 7) and trying different mixes. I need to dig more logs to locate it.

Will reply on all PM

Hi Guy!
i think this problems are same for all wordpress user so you could build a demo vps and try to install wordpress with any version you will get the same result
So i appreciate if you can fix this problems soon Smile
i have about 100+ customers and have the same problems Sad the only way now i can help them are try to build a local version and work on it and re-upload again
one more problems come from the widget the same with the menus but with the widget you can find the way to add widget by go to customize and add it can be work but if you add from manage widget you'll get un error.
Thanks given by:
Problem I move WP from sentora to old zpanel under centos 6 and the problem was still there. That's a total surprise for me.

I managed to disable suhosin to ensure it's not the issue and the problem was still here. Strange still digging.

I added the max forms variable and it didn't resolve the issue. This require more logs checking to understand what's getting ripped of or using xdebug!

Currently I don't have time for this, I must focus on installers. If you have an idea you are welcome.

M B
How to ask

Thanks given by:
Just want to add that I had this issue as well, and seem to have resolved the issue for myself at least.

My hosting provider's CentOS installer is a modified minimal installation and comes with a few remnants that needed to be removed.

I ended up cleaning out the remnants with a couple commands:
Code:
yum remove -y httpd php php-pear php-mysql php-cli php-common mysqld phpMyAdmin postfix dovecot sendmail ProFTPd vsftpd named pdns pdns-backend-mysql pdns-server pdns-server-backend-mysql
Code:
yum clean all

Then ensured curl was installed with "yum install curl", ran the Sentora installer and after creating the Wordpress install everything was working correctly.

Not sure if this helps, but I thought I'd add my experience with the issue.
Thanks given by: EXHDS , jibswizard

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Is Sentora dead? rajeevrrs 2 2 ,997 12-17-2022, 09:20 AM
Last Post: TGates
Sentora debug and error files johnnyp 0 1 ,161 10-27-2022, 06:16 PM
Last Post: johnnyp
Transfer Account to another Sentora BenI 1 2 ,577 07-21-2022, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Nigel