This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Installer ETA?
Installer ETA?
Quick and simple question really guys. Is there a rough ETA on when the installer will be live? I really want to get my production servers off of ZPanel and over to Sentora. Don't really want to be using an unsupported system in production.

Thanks!

Kev
Thanks given by:
RE: Installer ETA?
There will be an updater from zpanel to sentora.

I don't have an ETA. I had hoped we finish it this week. But it's taking too much time & I had my self hit the pause button on beta testing. Will resume when I have more time.

M B
Thanks given by:
Ah, the updater sounds interesting. Thanks for the update MB, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Kev
Thanks given by:
sounds like a ton of wasted time has been spent on zpanel updater scripts that are going to be found to have bugs and probably cause more hassles with future sentora updates anyway.

Why not just focus on finishing the actual new install script for fresh systems that haven't got zpanel install on, so we can actually test how sentora is itself now, last time I used zpanel it still had a few things that failed to work properly until I just set them up myself like the awstats.
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2014, 03:00 AM)Leonx Wrote: sounds like a ton of wasted time has been spent on zpanel updater scripts that are going to be found to have bugs and probably cause more hassles with future sentora updates anyway.

Why not just focus on finishing the actual new install script for fresh systems that haven't got zpanel install on, so we can actually test how sentora is itself now, last time I used zpanel it still had a few things that failed to work properly until I just set them up myself like the awstats.

No you are wrong over the update scripts.

Most of the time is spent currently validating the new installers. As we will have only one installer for 4 os's! Centos 6 / 7 & Ubuntu 12 /14. We are fixing also some bugs, adding some little improvement & rebranding the new panel to sentora.

The work done here for installers & updater will help for future releases, as we will be able to setup faster new installers. It's a complete rewrite & checking of all install steps, routine.

M B
No support using PM (Auto adding to IGNORE list!), use the forum. 
How to ask
Freelance AWS Certified Architect & SysOps// DevOps

10$ free to start your VPS
Thanks given by:
I'm also keen on an ETA, I have a Windows Zpanel server so update scripts aren't going to help me here. I have 3 domains with sites waiting to go live but I don't see the point in getting everything setup in Zpanel to have to do it all again in Sentora.

Very keen to get Sentora installed but also don't want to be running a beta version, some sort of roadmap, eta, date in the diary would be good rather than the uncertainty of sitting around and waiting.

I've said something similar before but IMO Sentora still carries some bad karma from the sudden dropping of Zpanel and users being left in the lurch, there needs to be better feedback and progress from the devs rather than users just checking the Announcements section multiple times a day for a release post to find yet again still no update and left wondering will it ever happen. I've been checking daily for around 6 weeks and starting to lose faith.
Thanks given by:
Another way to check it is to visit our GitHub and see whats up there. Pulls are being done daily for the most part, and some of the beta testers have been reporting new bugs that pop up from the changes we are making to the core. That's the real pain about the whole process, fix one thing and something else breaks because of those changes Angry
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
TGates, unfortunately GitHub is a developers/programmers tool, most users whilst having a reasonable technical knowledge are not coders themselves and do not understand GitHub one bit!
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2014, 02:25 AM)ZeroT Wrote: TGates, unfortunately GitHub is a developers/programmers tool, most users whilst having a reasonable technical knowledge are not coders themselves and do not understand GitHub one bit!
Erm, they can check the dates of things being done and the issues posted/fixed... very simple for anybody to check.
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
ZeroT, the devs might be able to correct me if I'm wrong here - I thought Sentora was only going to support Linux, not Windows??

(10-29-2014, 07:19 PM)ZeroT Wrote: I'm also keen on an ETA, I have a Windows Zpanel server so update scripts aren't going to help me here.

Took this from the "about" page:

What is Sentora?
Sentora is a free to download and use web hosting control panel developed for Linux, UNIX and BSD based servers or computers. The Sentora software can turn a domestic or commercial server into a fully fledged, easy to use and manage web hosting server
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rebuild sentora installer gozfly 1 4 ,897 11-01-2017, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Me.B
Debian 7 & 8 Support installer issues chwn21 19 58 ,378 05-18-2016, 04:42 AM
Last Post: TomThomson
Installer bomber_stoke 1 5 ,415 12-15-2015, 06:20 AM
Last Post: bomber_stoke