This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

cant add wildcard sub domain
cant add wildcard sub domain
Hello i was trying to add a wildcard subdomain, now its showing "×

Your Domain name is not valid. Please enter a valid Domain Name: i.e. 'domain.com'"

Help me guys and i will recommend the sentaro team to add it in the next release.
Thanks given by:
RE: cant add wildcard sub domain
(01-12-2019, 04:02 AM)nrd44 Wrote: Hello i was trying to add a wildcard subdomain, now its showing "×

Your Domain name is not valid. Please enter a valid Domain Name: i.e. 'domain.com'"

Help me guys and i will recommend the sentaro team to add it in the next release.

Please provide examples... You could be entering anything and we'd not know!

I have just added a simple * A record as a test on one of my domains and it worked fine.

I then check the DNS zone was generated correctly by the next run of the daemon, and it looks like it's all OK. A quick Google confirmed that it is valid and correctly formatted.

So what are you trying?

Keith
Thanks given by:
RE: cant add wildcard sub domain
I think he is trying to create a subdomain through the Sub Domains module under Domain Management.

nrd44, I believe you will need to make a DNS entry as fearworks has mentioned and also manually make an apache vhost entry for your domain.

You will find that setting at Override a Virtual Host Setting under Admin > Module Admin > Apache Config.

My suggestion is creating a sub-domain called "wildcard" and adjusting your vhost entry for that domain to point *.domain.com to the /wildcard_domain_com home directory you just created.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Public_html Inside Domain/Subdomain zHostingSolutions 2 4 ,026 07-23-2021, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Nigel
Cannot Create 2nd 'Addon' Domain In Sentora? Error: Invalid backend configuration. Re BattlinThrough 2 5 ,300 07-07-2020, 01:22 PM
Last Post: TGates
How To Add Letsencrypt SSL certificate To Domain Centos 7 franselect 1 4 ,056 07-04-2020, 02:55 AM
Last Post: Feilding Weather