This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Set Up Email Server (Webmail)
Set Up Email Server (Webmail)
Hi There,

I've been using Sentora for the best part of 2 years and I absolutely love it. I've recently set up and installed WHMCS and have it running perfectly!

Just one problem, I'd like to provide my clients with Webmail access for my future clients, right now I've been offering Zoho / Gsuite integration, but that's a lot of extra work on my side to get that set up, especially when it has a great webmail solution built-in.

The problem is, my Sentora installation is set to send via SMTP, this is the only way I've been able to avoid emails going to trash, but I've never been able to successfully get an email to send via the webmail for any of the domains I have connected with the server.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can give me some advise and steps to get this working, it'd be great!

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
RE: Set Up Email Server (Webmail)
(11-04-2017, 05:20 AM)aaronlroberts Wrote: Hi There,

I've been using Sentora for the best part of 2 years and I absolutely love it. I've recently set up and installed WHMCS and have it running perfectly!

Just one problem, I'd like to provide my clients with Webmail access for my future clients, right now I've been offering Zoho / Gsuite integration, but that's a lot of extra work on my side to get that set up, especially when it has a great webmail solution built-in.

The problem is, my Sentora installation is set to send via SMTP, this is the only way I've been able to avoid emails going to trash, but I've never been able to successfully get an email to send via the webmail for any of the domains I have connected with the server.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can give me some advise and steps to get this working, it'd be great!

Thanks!

Any response????
Thanks given by:
If you can send through your domain, then you should be able to send through all your hosted domains. Just make sure you have your SPF and TXT records setup and use an SMTP relayer like mailjet or your ISP.

(I use SMTP for all domains my hosted domains.)
-TGates - Project Council

SEARCH the Forums or read the DOCUMENTATION before posting!
Support Sentora and Donate: HERE

Find my support or modules useful? Donate to TGates HERE
Developers and code testers needed!
Contact TGates for more information
Thanks given by:
(11-16-2017, 09:53 AM)TGates Wrote: If you can send through your domain, then you should be able to send through all your hosted domains. Just make sure you have your SPF and TXT records setup and use an SMTP relayer like mailjet or your ISP.

(I use SMTP for all domains my hosted domains.)

Hi TGates,

Thanks for your response and suggestion.

I'm used to using Mailgun for my relaying, however, if you're using Mailjet, I'll give that a shot too. I've just created an account on their site and I guess, they question I have is, Do I need to add each and every domain hosted in my environment in order to send via Mailjet?

Like, if I send via SMTP, doesn't it automatically get delivered from the SMTP credentials which are used to authenticate the sending?

For example: SMTP set up as: noreply@hostingpanel.com

Someone signs up to my service and uses the built-in webmail, sends an email from "johnsmith@theirdomain.net", will it come through as "johhsmith@theirdomain.net" or will it come from "noreply@hostingpanel.com".

I don't think it would be possible for me to add each domain with it's own SPF record inside of Mailjet, so what's the best solution? I'm new to this part.
Thanks given by:
I would have to do some testing about having to add all domains inside mailjet. (Have been meaning to test this anyway).

All my emails show from the sender and not from my server. Also, all my domains relay through my main domain but seem to keep their own address.

Will do some testing tonight.

Ok, I just checked and yes, all emails have to be added to mailjet Sad
You may want to look into another relayer. (As I will be doing also!) I don't want to keep adding emails in two locations either.
I know if you use google smtp relay, all emails say they are from your google account... so that is useless.
If I find a better email relayer I'll let you know.

This may be a possible solution, 5 star google rating Huh 
https://sendpulse.com/features/smtp

Thanks given by:
(11-16-2017, 02:43 PM)TGates Wrote: I would have to do some testing about having to add all domains inside mailjet. (Have been meaning to test this anyway).

All my emails show from the sender and not from my server. Also, all my domains relay through my main domain but seem to keep their own address.

Will do some testing tonight.

Ok, I just checked and yes, all emails have to be added to mailjet Sad
You may want to look into another relayer. (As I will be doing also!) I don't want to keep adding emails in two locations either.
I know if you use google smtp relay, all emails say they are from your google account... so that is useless.
If I find a better email relayer I'll let you know.

This may be a possible solution, 5 star google rating Huh 
https://sendpulse.com/features/smtp

Yeah figured that would be the case. I suppose there would have to be some form of API / Integration which would automatically add and authenticate the domain which has been added to the panel.

Otherwise, it's possible to stick to the PHP mailer, but even with SPF records etc, they'll pretty much ALWAYS end up in the spam folder.

It's a shame, I wonder if anyone else in the forum using Sentora have found a good solution? This is the only thing missing from my setup.
Thanks given by:
Agreed. I need to find a better solution too. When I used my ISP it was all good. But, I have since 'cut the cable' so I no longer have access to that method.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
change username from email umarzuki@gmail.com 0 1 ,204 11-25-2022, 05:46 PM
Last Post: umarzuki@gmail.com
Email has stopped coming through rsthomas 3 3 ,712 06-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Last Post: fearworks
Server Crash rsthomas 3 6 ,435 05-18-2022, 09:26 AM